Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New 2009 C350 owner

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jquiroz1969 
#1 ·
Hello all,
New to the W204 but I am a W201 owner with a sportline LE. Just wondering if there is anything to look for in this new car? I am pretty good with DIYs as I do all the work on my 190E. How friendly is this car with DIYs?

Also a note, since I am not familiar with this car the engine seems to put off a clicking sound. Kind of like a lifter noise. Is this normal?

Thanks all in advance

So far loving the car, cant replace the W201 but is nice to have a newer car to take the GF in with working ac lol

#2 ·
Try using only 93 octane gas, as there is a "gas crisis" in California many gas stations are tempted to dump 87 octane gas in their premium pumps. Costco seems to still be the least expensive and highest quality (some locations are out of gas though). Get used to paying $5 a gallon, elsewhere in the US premium is $4.

#3 ·
I got my 2009 about 2 months ago. Haven't really heard any odd noises coming from my engine.
& As far as gas goes, I would never put anything in under 93 octane. Thank god Jersey still have reasonable prices (About 3.90 per gallon of 93.)

Congrats! Lets see some pics!

#4 ·
You can always splurge on a half a tank of Sunoco 260 (96 octane) and see if this cures the problem. If not, perhaps you are correct and a lifter isnt pumping up. Another problem on the earlier M272 engines was a the variable cam timing chain. Also there is a recall due to the cam solenoids, however you have to give your VIN to the MB dealer to see if your engine is affected.

#5 ·
Even on my W201 I never go anything under 91, sad thing is living in CA you cant get much higher. I will see about scheduling an inspection at a dealer soon. I purchased the extended warranty from carmax, 6yrs 100,000 miles and can be serviced at a dealer. Thanks for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.