Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

a DIFFERENT keys in trunk problem!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  08w204c300 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, i locked my keys in my 2008 c 300's trunk, long story short..i called mb roadside, they sent out a tech,the tech got into the car BUT his equipment didn't connect to the car's obdII.

The tech told me that he's never seen where his equipment hasnt been able to communicate to the car like this, but did tell me that the equipment of his was picking up the 'battery voltage' that the car was putting out so i'm assuming it was connecting to the car somehow. The tech said it wouldn't connect and even tried connecting to his ML and his equipment still wouldnt connect so im HOPING it isnt an issue with the obdII on my car that I just purchased used from acura elk grove here in sacramento, ca.

Any similar issues that anyone has encountered? any known issues with this year/model ecu/obdii sensor? please let me know of any info, I'm stressing that I may have to send my car over to the dealership for something as simple as locked keys in the trunk...4 days after i bought it!

btw, no spare set of keys -_____-

#2 ·
I don't get it. He tried is equipment to your car with no result. Then he tried it on his ML, still with no result. Sounds like it's his equipment that is having a problem. Can't they send out someone with working equipment?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.