Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

LR4 19x9" rims on W204

8K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  PepsiManKolt 
#1 · (Edited)
W204 plans

Hey ya'll,

I am new here and I thought I would just stop by and let you guys know what my plans are. I just got a White 09 c300 sport 4matic. I don't really like my cars to be just like the ones next to it so this is what I am thinking as of now:

(1) Paint grill White/Black (Done)
(2) Powdercoat Land Rover LR4 19x9" rims white (Done)
(3) Install LR4 rims on W204 (awaiting lug nuts)
(4) Install 10" JL W7 or Kicker L7 (on hold)
(5) ?H&R springs?
(6) ?Tint and vinyl roof?

See less See more
#4 ·
^ Thanks. I like they way they look but they will look much better painted and on the car. I was looking around at w204 with H&R super sport springs and it looks just about how I would want mine set up. Once I finish paying the car off that will probably be the first thing to happen.

#5 · (Edited)
I just got the custom wheel adapters in from 42 draft design, the wheels will be back from wicked powdercoating on tursday and now all I am waiting for is the tires (might be a while).

Plus I thought I would play around while I am waiting for all of that to be done so I ordered a MagnaFlow Tru-X pipe and painted the engine cover.

#6 · (Edited)
So I am a little upset. I finally got my "paint match" powdercoated rims back and the color is visibly different. The car is an off white "Arctic White" but the rims are almost pure white. Not only that but the color chip is gloss and the color says it is "gloss" and it came out as an eggshell finish. But I dont want to deal with it so I say "What ever" and pay the dude.

I get back to the house to fit them on the car and I find out that the adapters are bored out for a VW/Audi (56.1) not for a Mercedes (66.6) like I had ordered now I have to contact that company to get that fixed too.

#10 · (Edited)
Honestly I dont like silver or chrome on cars. I think silver/grey is boring and chrome is tacky. The choice was either black or paint match. I chose paint match because everyone does black.

I searched and searched for rims. I wanted something that looked good with this car, 19-20", super easy to clean and, most importantly, different that anything anyone else would use. That is how i came to the conclusion of the LR4 rims. The rims + powdercoating + adapters were still cheaper then most rims that I liked.

I will most like run these until I find something better or I can find a company that can actually do a good color match.

#11 ·
Honestly I dont like silver or chrome on cars. I think silver/grey is botring and chrome is tacky. The choice was either black or paint match. I chose paint match because everyone does black.

I searched and searched for rims. I wanted something that looked good with this car, 19-20", super easy to clean and, most importantly, different that anything anyone else would use. That is how i came to the conclusion of the LR4 rims. The rims + powdercoating + adapters were still cheaper then most rims that I liked.

I will most like run these until I find something better or I can find a company that can actually do a good color match.
Great idea, great looking wheels.....but....the original post showing the factory LR4 wheel finish looks phenominal on/against your white car, the white paint seems to completely take away the depth, contrast, and class of the wheels - but as we all know, it is all about what you want and your opinion of your car, so kudos for finding something new...

#12 ·
Hey y'all,

I just thought I would post an update. Since the powdercoat job from Wicked Powdercoating in Sewell NJ sucked so bad I had to pay Tricked Out Cycles in Warminster, PA to redo them. I just got my rims back and they look amazing. The white is almost a perfect match to the paint.

Up to this point I have everything I need besides the appropriate lug nuts. Land rover uses very specific lug nuts and I just found the ones I will be getting so I hope to have these rims finally installed by the time I get back from leave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.