Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I Locked My Keys In the Car But My Friend Told Me I Couldn't Lock My Keys In The Car!

17K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Ron Jr 
#1 · (Edited)
Help!!!!!!

I lost my first 2 sets of keys that came with my C230 and now I think I locked my third set in the car.:crybaby2:

My friend said I COULDNT lock them in the car because I would have to be outside the car to hit the lock button on the remote.

So what I want to know is if this car Auto Locks and if I could have locked them in the car before I go tearing around the house looking for my keys.

Thank You Thank You Thank You for any help!!!!!!!!!!:crybaby2:

#3 ·
I'm noting your screen name and that you've lost track of three sets of keys, and am wondering if this possibly is a gag? :yelrotflmao:

The C Class will auto lock when stationary if you unlock it with the key fob and not open the door. After a reasonable period (perhaps 30-60 seconds) it will relock. But, with the door not being opened, this could not be your scenario. (The windows are all up, correct?) ;)

The only way I can imagine your scenario with the key inside the locked car is that you got out, pressed the key fob lock button with the door open, got back in and put the key down, got back out and closed the door. If you lost the key in the car, would you not see it in the ignition or possibly in the console cupholder? Where else is the key loose and not either in the ignition or your hand when you are in the car?

Tear the house apart. :eek:

#4 ·
The doors cannot be manually locked with the doors open. The only way I can imagine this happening is you have the door open press the lock key on the fob then throw the key into the car. If you did this you should not be behind the wheel of any car.

#6 ·
You said you want to know if this car Auto Locks and if I could have locked them in the car before I go tearing around the house looking for my keys, right? But, if someone says it is possible--then you will have to tear your car apart. That's not good, right? So, how about this genius idea: check to see if left them where the two other sets are?

#8 ·
That is a bit different situation, I think we all assumed the OP meant in the passanger compartment.

But if you had unlocked the doors as well as popped the trunk you would still be able to open the trunk manually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.