Audio 20 Aux Boost Feature - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W204 C-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 02:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2011
Cool Audio 20 Aux Boost Feature

Does anyone know if the firmware upgrade to add the aux input audio boost feature to pre-2010 Audio 20 headunits can be self completed? I have been pressing my dealer for 4 mos and he finally agreed to do it but when I picked up my car it did not have the boost feature. He claims it has been updated to the newest firmware (released July 2011) and perhaps this feature is not available for my model year Audio 20 headunit. I know that it is not true as one or more members have had this feature implemented with the firmware upgrade. For those members who were lucky enought to get this done what is the firmware upgrade the dealer completed and how were you able to get the dealer to do it?
icon 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2011
I HAVE PREVAILED! For those of you who want to have their firmware/software in a pre-2010 W204 Audio 20 HU upgraded to have the Aux Volume Boost feature do not give up. After much persistance over the last 6 months I finally was able to get another dealership to complete it for me. The whole process took slightly under 2 hrs and there is a difference to have the boost feature. The position one needs to take with the dealership is is that there is a defect in the Aux feature whereas the volume for the Aux input is dramatically lower than that of the radio & cd player. Tell the dealership that this is a major problem as everytime you switch from the Aux input to radio or cd the volume is set so high to enable proper volume for the Aux input that it blasts into your kids (or parents) ears sitting in the back seat. Of course the dealership will tell you to turn down your volume before switching to the other inputs from the Aux mode but just reply that this is an inconvenient constant reminder in process and one is not able to always remember. Tell them for a high end luxury automobile this is not acceptable and there must be something that can be done to correct this defect. They will try to sell you the ipod connection and the extra line amp but do not accept it. Tell them that you have read on a few MB forums of the firmware/software upgrade for the pre-2010 Audio 20 HU that will add the feature of the Volume Boost in Aux mode found in post 2010 models to correct this inconvenience. Be persistant about it and they will prevail. If your dealership does not then go to another dealership and tell them that you fell into bad terms with your dealership service department because they failed to correct a problem with the audio system and you are looking to service your vehicle with a new dealership. One way or another someone will service you properly.
icon 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W204 C-Class