Fuel Door wont open - now wont lock? - Mercedes-Benz Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 04:42 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 2010 C300 Sport
Location: FL
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fuel Door wont open - now wont lock?

Fuel door was stuck and I managed to find the manual release in the trunk but now the fuel door wont lock.

I noticed there was a grey hose just kind of hanging there - I assume this should be attached to something and maybe its the reason the fuel door isnt locking?

Any ideas on what it is and where it goes?

Thanks!!
Jason12676 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 07:54 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2010
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
Fuel door was stuck and I managed to find the manual release in the trunk but now the fuel door wont lock.

I noticed there was a grey hose just kind of hanging there - I assume this should be attached to something and maybe its the reason the fuel door isnt locking?

Any ideas on what it is and where it goes?

Thanks!!
The hose is a vacuum hose which is used to release the lock on the gas door. You need to pull the trunk panel off, find the piece that has the lock plunger and re-attach the hose.
jamerican is offline  
#3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 07:59 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 2010 C300 Sport
Location: FL
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerican View Post
The hose is a vacuum hose which is used to release the lock on the gas door. You need to pull the trunk panel off, find the piece that has the lock plunger and re-attach the hose.
I figured it had something to do with the lock on the fuel door - I will see if I can fix it tomorrow.

Now if I can only figure out a way to take the slight thumb print dent out of the fuel door from the fit of rage when it didnt open haha!!
Jason12676 is offline  
#4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 12:44 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 2010 C300 Sport
Location: FL
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The grey hose turned out to be part of the run off/overflow - I felt around the manual release but couldnt feel anything that was off or missing...

Anyone know if there is a diagram of how it works somewhere? I tried googling it to no avail.

Last edited by Jason12676; 02-01-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Jason12676 is offline  
#5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 05:04 PM
glw
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
got a camera? post up a picture...
glw is offline  
#6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 06:27 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 2010 C300 Sport
Location: FL
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glw View Post
got a camera? post up a picture...
Can hardly get my arm/hands back there - I guess I will have to just take it to mercedes? Pain in the ass over a gas door that wont lock - blahhhh
Jason12676 is offline  
#7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 08:06 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 2008 c300 [] 2010 Camaro [] '69 Chevelle SS
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are you aware of the fact that the fuel door locks and unlocks with your doors? I know it's obvious, but just wanted to cross Occam's Razor off the list. This will probably be the first thing the SA asks you too

-----
f8al3rr0r is offline  
#8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 08:18 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 2010 C300 Sport
Location: FL
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al3rr0r View Post
Are you aware of the fact that the fuel door locks and unlocks with your doors? I know it's obvious, but just wanted to cross Occam's Razor off the list. This will probably be the first thing the SA asks you too
Yeah, I have tried all different combos - locking, un-locking over and over as well as starting the car and turning it off haha

I don't see the pin in the locking mechanism since I have manually un-locked it..

Such a little thing that annoys me...
Jason12676 is offline  
#9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 10:03 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
Location: Chester, PA
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason12676 View Post
Yeah, I have tried all different combos - locking, un-locking over and over as well as starting the car and turning it off haha

I don't see the pin in the locking mechanism since I have manually un-locked it..

Such a little thing that annoys me...

My gas door flap didn't close too. It was a very cold day after the rain when I fill-up for gas. I called the dealer and scheduled to come in for repair since my is still under warranty. I end up cancelled it because it locks and unlock again when the temperature got warmmer. I was told the moisture and cold temperature interfered with the lock mechanism. Hope this help.
redfox302 is offline  
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W204 C-Class


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
right rear door wont open 89 300E W124 E,CE,D,TD Class 0 01-04-2010 10:42 AM
T or F: I might need a new door b/c my window wont open?? VikingDiesel W140 S-Class 3 07-23-2009 02:58 AM
fuel door wont unlock / open carmine0022 W163 M-Class 5 07-17-2008 07:23 AM
my cl pass door wont open akiff W215 CL Class 3 04-25-2008 09:17 AM
Remote wont open door markodu R170 SLK Class 6 06-03-2005 05:52 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome