#1 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 12:25 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Smile Dynamic Handling Package

Have justed leased a 2010 C300 w the "Dynamic Handling Package". It says on the MB web site that there is a driver adjusted suspension. I have not found a way of doing that. Anyone familiar with this? My first post after driving Audi's for 10 years. Shocked I am in a Benz, but drove one and really liked it and got a great lease deal.

Joearch

2010 C300 Sport Sedan
Blk on Blk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 02:00 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 2009 Mercedes Benz C300 4MATIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joearch View Post
Have justed leased a 2010 C300 w the "Dynamic Handling Package". It says on the MB web site that there is a driver adjusted suspension. I have not found a way of doing that. Anyone familiar with this? My first post after driving Audi's for 10 years. Shocked I am in a Benz, but drove one and really liked it and got a great lease deal.
No button to select. Your shocks have dampeners that activate when driving sporty into and out of corners. It is all automatic.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 02:39 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2008
I apoligize if I am wrong but I am almost positive for US spec cars you can only get the dynamic handling package on a C350. The c300 is standard with agility control wich is not adjustable
#4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 03:28 PM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
The "dynamic handling package" is an US option on the 2010 model in addition to agility control. It is listed as an option on the window sticker. The car came with all the items listed with the package, but I did not any adjustment. The car has a nice suspension. As I am in the break in period I have nat bee driving it real hard. Thanks for the input.

Joearch

2010 C300 Sport Sedan
Blk on Blk

Last edited by Joearch; 11-16-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: mistake
#5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 04:03 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2008
I apoligize, you are correct I did not notice the c300w at first glance. It is not available on the 4matics. Im sorry again
#6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 10:57 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 2008 Arctic White W204 C350 Sport AMG Pack+Advanged Agility Pack, and 2008 B170 Facelift.
Package names-For information

1-Agility Package...Normally
2-Advanced Agility Package, also called Active Agility Package, now also called Dynamic Handling Package.

Description of Nr-2[All 3 of them]:This fits my car's description exactly.

Mercedes-Benz UK - Overview - Suspension and transmission

Description Qwoted:
It's your call
The new Dynamic Handling Package – available as an optional extra for the new
C-Class Sport* – lets you adjust the car’s driving characteristics to suit your mood.

Choose 'Comfort' Mode and you’ll enjoy a smooth, luxurious ride. The continuously variable dampers adjust to suit the road surface and driving style, reducing road noise and vibrations. Meanwhile, the car’s control module ensures that gearshifts are seamless and throttle and steering response is subtle and understated. In Comfort Mode, cruising is the order of the day.

But if you’d prefer something a little more exhilarating, simply push the button to 'Sport' Mode and everything changes.

With the continuously variable damping, handling becomes more taut, body roll is reduced and the ride becomes firmer. Steering and throttle response becomes sharper and gear changes more responsive (automatic transmission only). Even ESP® (Electronic Stability Program) intervention is marginally reduced to help enhance the dynamic driving sensation – without compromising active safety, of course.

Last edited by Moto_Guzzi; 11-17-2009 at 11:01 AM.
#7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 11:57 AM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Interesting. On the US MB website that language is missing describing the package. Make sense because the C/S switch is in a different spot with the package than the stock car. There is a "sport" button instead of the C/S button. thanks for the input...

Joearch

2010 C300 Sport Sedan
Blk on Blk

Last edited by Joearch; 11-17-2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: more info
#8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 04:52 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 2012 ML350 Dakota Brown Bluetec
Send a message via Skype™ to harocho
Hello To All:
I am in the process of choosing the specs for my next C350, and I am really intrigued by this avance agility/Dynamic handling package. The package in the US is a custom order option. Meaning you have to special order your car with it. Before I would do that I would like ask anybody who has it: Does it really makes a difference? Can you tell? One of my biggest concerns about my current C350 is the lightness of the steering effort. With the sport mode selected do the steering effort change?
#9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 08:53 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1996 Silver C36
I have the advanced agility package on my C300 (build date May 2010). It make a huge difference to the car. The best way I can describe it is having two completely different cars in the one shell. One for comfort (90% of the time) and one for sport (10% of the time when you feel evil!). Oh Yeah...it works!

It is definitely worth the option cost as it does everything that is advertised.

With the continuously variable damping, handling becomes more taut, body roll is reduced and the ride becomes firmer. Steering and throttle response becomes sharper and gear changes more responsive (automatic transmission only). Even ESP® (Electronic Stability Program) intervention is marginally reduced to help enhance the dynamic driving sensation – without compromising active safety, of course.
#10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 09:07 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2010
I ordered it on my 2011 that I received a couple months ago. As I recall the cost was $1500, and it includes the 18" amg wheels, the shocks that you are asking about and the paddle shifters. The amg wheels alone are a $1000 option, so the shocks and paddle shifters are just $500, seemed like a good deal. As previously mentioned, push the sport button for the shocks and it really tightens them up. It handles much more tightly than the standard sport. The tires are much more grippy too. It feels great on the road. My 2008 didn't have the shocks or the wheels and was OK on the road, but I took it for track day once at PIR and it was really ugly and felt very floaty and awkward when pushed to the limit. I'm curious to see if this new one can take the track. At any rate, on the road, the difference is huge and it feels very controlled, and stiff.

The paddle shifters are a bit of a joke though since the auto trans doesn't really respond unless it wants to. My wifes A4 is instanly responsive to the shift inputs on the other hand.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W204 C-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.