Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

20 inch rims from ebay for c300 , what do you think?

39K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  rawdawg69 
#1 ·
I am thinking of buying these rims from ebay. I talked to the guy and he said that they custom make these to fit the car perfectly. Any suggestions on backspacing. They are 20x8.5 with 1.5 inch lip on the front and 20x10 with 4.5 inch lip on the rear. I am using 245/35/20 front and 275/30/20 rear. Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
wheels fitment-20"

Hi Guys!
Those wheels would look sick on the w204.Awesome!:bowdown:

The problem with W204 is the offset. Especially the rear. To use 10x20" at the rear u have to use offset 48-52(not many 20" with that offset yet).Then u hav to body-roll your rear fender and is not 100% a sure thing.....The staggered look is very nice but might give the w204 a bit of rubbing even after mods on rear fender.

I just bought 9x20"(all 4 wheels) monoart ART wheels.but my car only arriving in April. ha ha!
Offset 40. I still have to do mods on the rear fender.
Tyre size will b 235/30/20 front and 265/30/20 rear Toyo Proxes T1R(good reviews on the tyres)
I hope i wont have any problems.
Attach is some pics of the wheels...the 2 c63 pics are photoshop,rest of the pics are real.

Attachments

#10 ·
IMO, the 20's look great, but I would opt for 19's for better fit without rubbing and better ride.

#11 ·
I would not reccomend anything over 18" in NE USA. I received my first flat at 2000 miles after hitting a pothole this winter. I may use 17's with winter tires next year. Sidewalls may not look good but they will save your rims and suspension.

#12 ·
Johnnyr3-

I also tried the 20" route and it’s a no go for size of tire and rear rim width you are looking at. If you are going to put 20's then the profile size of the fronts need to be 30's and the back 25's or you will have issues with the electronics. They don't make a 265/25/20 or 275/25/20 tire and a 255/25/20 will be stretched too much. Six months of trying later and 3 sets of different offsets and tires I moved to 19's. My set-up is on my sig. and I currently have 47mm offsets all the way around. only rub a little when I have 3 people in the car and I am cornering a bit aggressively. Hope that helps.

#13 ·
Those rims look nice good luck with them.

Also I was wondering if anybody could answer me or supply a link that would help me out because I've searched a little but I'm not too sure about an answer. I'm looking to get 20's as well. The rims I want are 20x8.5 I have a 2008 c300 4matic. Theguy said they will fit my car with a set of 225x30x20 tires. But I've noticed people saying they have 35 in the front and 30 in the rear. I'm kinda new to this awd and everything so is there a reason for that or should I be good with 225x30 all around???

#14 ·
I too have had three sets of rims on my c350 and am sticking with my 18"s I have on there now. I had 20's and 19's and was not happy with either. The rims you have in the pic are nice, but the c class is too small and short a car for those wheels, they looked like crap on mine (20's) they wont make the wheel wells anyway. The 19s are doable, your gonna need 45-50mm offsets to make the backs, I have 40mm on 18s now with 255-40-18 and they rub slightly when bottomed out on the fabric inside the wheel well, there is literally a credit card space, thats it. fronts are 235-45-18 with 37mm offset and theyre fine, no probs. the ride is a HUGE difference from the 19s and I would never consider 20s again, nothing but headaches and crappy ride. good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.