Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

C300 MultiMedia, iPhone & Tint Questions...

13K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  berzinskis 
#1 ·
Just a few quick questions for you experts...

1. MultiMedia Package
- Does the navigation include traffic updates?
- Do you have voice control over the climate controls through the MM?
- Does the iPhone officially work with the C?

2. Tint
- Are the windows tinted blue from the factory?
- Are there any tinting restrictions due to the Navi antenna in the rear window? On the TSX, you can't use any tints with metallic in them due to interference.

Thanks!

#3 ·
opeler1900 said:
I'm not sure off hand if the C-Class provides traffic updates with the multimedia package. The voice control does not control the climate control. The iPhone works through Bluetooth, but does not work with the iPod integration kit.
the Iphone has worked with my Ipod INtegration... go to wireless4mb.com and they will show you how to do it...

#5 ·
opeler1900 said:
Thing is you cannot control the song selection like you do on an ipod. It just allows you to use the Aux input. Thats nothing special. All new Benz models have a auxiliary input in the glove box.
*Clarification*

With the iPod Integration Kit option, you can control your iPod song selections with your steering wheel. Without the iPod Integration Kit, you still have access to listen to any MP3 player through your sound system by using the AUX port, but you have to use your MP3 player to control song selection.

Nice additions though on the W204, that not only has a 12V plug been included in the glovebox, but a open/close vent to allow the A/C to blow in the glovebox to keep your iPod/MP3 device cool........

#9 ·
I plugged my iPhone into a test drive car C300 sport with MM and ipod integration kit. I had to disable the iPhone and couldn't go to my playlists by touching the iphone. I could only change the songs on the steering wheel to the next song. Not the greatest. I'll probably just use my old iPod in the C300 and keep my iphone separate. But I guess a question would be could I use my ipod via the cable and keep my iPhone via bluetooth without being plugged into the cable in chocolate cooling glovebox??

#16 · (Edited)
For question 2 on the tint; the car likely has a metallic inlay in the windows which block UV rays, which could look grey or blue. For additional tinting, my tint guy recommended I stay away from metallic inlay tint and use the Ceramic impregnated tint, because he believed the metallic inlay would interfere with the tire pressure sensors in the wheels. I never checked to see if he was off his meds or anything, but he says those TPMS sensors are radio frequency devices, and transmits a signal to a receiver in the cabin which metallic tint could block.

I cannot swear to it, but I think the GPS antenna on the w204 is in that shark fin thing at the rear of the roof. Can someone confirm or correct that?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.