Date registered: Feb 2012
Vehicle: 2003 Mercdes-Benz C320 Coupe Supercharged 6spd Manual
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
C320 Headlights Removal

2003 C320 coupe
I purchased two new complet headligts units ( upgraded toExenon Hid with balast)
It looks like it should be easy lol
The two bolts on the top are easy and the complete headlight seems free except for something on the lower side close to the quarter pannel, you cant even see in the let alone get a wrench in there if needed.
If someone has changed one and could tell me te procedure to getting the bolt out I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 07:23 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Or maybe direct me to a diy sticky
Thank you
#3 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 04:01 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2011
Vehicle: C32 AMG 2002 Model
Hallo there. I had to remove my front bumper and beleive that this is the only way to get to all the bolts that keeps the Headlights in tact.
There is a lot of info on the forum of how to remove the front bumper.
#4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 03:45 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2012
Vehicle: 2002 C230 Kompressor 6MT
search this on youtube, will be easier to understand if you see a video directing you to the bolts
#5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 05:53 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Hey guys thank you for the help! Eerything went well and they definitaly added to the look of the car they look amazing...
I,m now going tp grade the day time driving ligt as well as fog ligts, I am also having leds stips installed under each fog light, as well as led tail ligts and licencs plate light.
Loving my first Mercedes and loking forward to my next one already,also this fourm is amazingly helpfull!
Thank you again
I need help with my next project now, I will start a new thread though...(wheel size upgrades).
#6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 08:44 PM
BenzWorld Member

Where did you get the headlights from and how much? I was also thinking about doing this. And for the LED strips for the front I am also thinking about this, but I was planning on removing the foglights if I do so, so it doesn't look too much

Enjoy your c230 coupe!
#7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 09:14 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
I'm not sure if I can say ebay lol but I bougt off ebay and I went with the black instead if the clear silver like it comes with,and that was a great call looks so so nice!
They cost me about 650.00 thats an entire new healigt with a xenon 8000k hid and balasts installed in the low beam only as well as a much nice blinker in it..

The inside day time running ligts are come with the old school buld which looks rediculous and im having hid or led installed in it this weekend.
Also I love your idea! I'm going to have the fogs removed and go woth the led ligt bar that is on the newer benz.
Also an led trunk ligt and rear tale ligts as well as all new led interior ligts..
I will take a pick of thr new logt tomorrow ans show you what the black looks like installed, nigt and day compared tothr stock ones.
#8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 09:32 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose6973 View Post
I'm not sure if I can say ebay lol but I bougt off ebay and I went with the black instead if the clear silver like it comes with,and that was a great call looks so so nice!
They cost me about 650.00 thats an entire new healigt with a xenon 8000k hid and balasts installed in the low beam only as well as a much nice blinker in it..

The inside day time running ligts are come with the old school buld which looks rediculous and im having hid or led installed in it this weekend.
Also I love your idea! I'm going to have the fogs removed and go woth the led ligt bar that is on the newer benz.
Also an led trunk ligt and rear tale ligts as well as all new led interior ligts..
I will take a pick of thr new logt tomorrow ans show you what the black looks like installed, nigt and day compared tothr stock ones.
Oh i think I know which one your talking about! the one with the black housing, I was actually planning on getting those once I get my money up for those. Keep me updated on how well they work for you

I definitely want to see a pic of the LED! I was thinking of either tinting my foglights yellow like JDM style, or getting LED's. I was leaning towards the yellow foglights but maybe your pics will help me decide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W203 C32 AMG, C55 AMG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.