Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Squeaky Suspension

21K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  124.092 
#1 ·
I've got an '01 C240 thats been a bear in regards to squeaky suspension. I've had it in a number of times and the dealer has lubricated etc but it always starts up again. It's most noticable when the car compresses over a slight bump. The noise is mostly from the front end. Anyone else out there had this? Did anyone get a permanent solution? The squeak sounds like rubber on rubber to me.

#5 ·
swaybar bushings

240C, I had my bushings replaced around mid July. Problems have not resurfaced (yet?).

I saw the supposed "new and improved" bushings, and they looked different from the old ones that were removed.

I wonder why your dealer didn't replace yours when my dealer says it's a known issue.

#6 ·
Crawl under your car and take a look for yourself. Then take it to the dealer and insist t...

Crawl under your car and take a look for yourself. Then take it to the dealer and insist they replace the bushings with the new style. Then crawl under the car and check they actually did it.

Remember the old saying: "Trust, but verify!"

#7 ·
This is actually a MB problem...cause i went to the dealership because it was squeaking......

This is actually a MB problem...cause i went to the dealership because it was squeaking...and they said cause the engine is too heavy and the springs balh blah blah and i was just like..FIX IT...and they did it for me for free because it wasn't my fault. mwhaha...i love canada's MB dealerships.

#8 ·
squeaky 2005 C320 front suspension

the squeak coming from front suspension on my 05 C320 was also correctly diagnosed to be the front swaybar bushing.

#10 ·
If you can do brakes, it's about the same level of complexity. The parts are obvious once you are under there. You do need the torque values, otherwise just basic hand tools. (I am basing this off of doing bushings on other cars, haven't had to do them on the MB specifically but have been under there to look and it seems familiar.)

#12 ·
Hi there, a nice person pointed me to this thread as I have just posted a similar problem with my C230 Kompressor 04. I called my MB dealer and the "adviser" didn't know what I was talking about and whether I should bring the car in for service or not. How easy it is to replace them if u don't know or never did breaks before? Can any general mechanic do that job? I hate to deal with my MB dealer service dept.

Thanks in advance!

#13 ·
hi guys i have the same problem but mine is coming from the back if some one did it already, can you give the list and the cost of the parts. thanks

#14 ·
I had the same problem. It was covered under the warranty and the dealer lubed the bushings. The adviser said if the sound comes back, they will change the bushings under warranty, and that they didn't change the bushings because they didn't have them in stock. I was also told by a Benz mechanic to lube the bushings with anti-sieze if it happens again. So far, so good.

#16 ·
I'm having the same problem. My 2002 c230K is out of warranty. I have not worked on cars for almost 25 years now so I don't want to break my back, or the car. Does anyone know how much it would cost for the MB stealers to fix the problem. Any recommendation for other-than-MB repair shops in the Houston, Tx area on this squeaking issue? TIA.

Cool

#19 ·
I know this is a old topic, but its modern for me. I have the same issue. Speaky front end bushings. I am thinking its the sway bar bushings, and my damn warrenty just ran out... so i guess i am doing it myself. Does anybody have a picture of the sway bar and what bushing? is there only 2 bushings holding it on like a normal s bar? and last, any pics of these bushings? people say there is a new and a old.

and i guess no polyurethane bushings?

#20 ·
My 02 C320 had squeaky clunky noises in the front end at low speed (10mph and less) over bumps when the car would rock back and forth. Lubricating the sway bar bushings corrected it but it came back. Changed my sway bar bushings and end links last Thursday and all of it went away. Got them at Car Quest bushings and end links for $65.00. Even had Mercedes logos on the packaging. Took me about an hour and a half.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.