Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

c 230 mit kompressor

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Peter B Thomas 
#1 ·
folks i just got a new 230 coupe. it took me a long time to get used to the ugly ass rear end, but now i really like it. i had a c240 6 speed which i really liked as well. the major difference that i find ( not counting lack of leather etc etc) is the fantastic handling of the little coupe. this one is also a 6 speed which is what i wanted. it realy outaccelerates the little c240. but the main difference is how it corners. as you know it comes stock with thicker sway bar and tuned shocks. i swear i feel more like im driving a sportscar than a little coupe. i get about 32 or so miles to the gallon on a trip. and still cant break the rear end loose.. <br> this car is not really a family car in my opinion but is a fantastic car for a single guy. one thing i absolutely resent is the constant reference to this being an introductory level car aimed at the up and coming young set. im not a dottering old fool but i am 58 years old and find this the perfect vehicle for me. if you have any input i sure would enjoy your comments. i apologize for the long email but this is just too much fun<br> fred and 'fritz von auto jr '<br>

#3 ·
I've had mine for about 2 months. Young or old, married or single, this car is fun to drive! The young and single are the target demographic for this vehicle but I am married and 49. My other vehicle is an ML. Makes a great second MB for the garage without breaking the budget. My wife also loves to drive it (she hates the ML).

#6 ·
My guess is that they probably won't. Even in Europe it is considered a 'special edition' and isn't readily avialable from the dealer. You have to buy a C-coupe and then have it sent to AMG for the conversion (car + conversion gives it a price that is more than the C32 sedan/wagon).<br> <br> Cheers, BT

#7 ·
Excited about Coupe

I test drove the coupe and am picking up my 02 tomorrow. It is white, oyster leather, auto (hard to find a stick equiped the way I wanted it), wheel package, and no sun roof. I looked at the A-4, Passat, and even a mini and found that this appears to fit my needs to a "T".

I am moving from an ML and look forward to more fun behind the wheel. Have had plenty of turbo's and like the atributes of the supercharger much better.

And, oh yes I am 62.

The coupe is not just for kids!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.