Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

SOS light on my C430

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Guest (MBNZ) 
#1 ·
The SOS light went on and the dealer said there was a problem with the satellite receiver in the car. They had the car for three days and mucked around with no luck. Now they say they have ordered a new 'panel' from Germany and also will have to replace the rear 'windshield' window since the antenna has a problem. Does this make sense? It is hard to believe that both the electronic panel and the antenna are broken at the same time unless they managed to break it all! Any suggestions on how to handle this or if you have had a similar problem. They say they will need the car for 2 more days! Sheesh!

#3 ·
I HAD REAR WINDSHIELD REPLACED

I HAD THE REAR WINDSHIELD REPLACED DUE TO RECEPTION ON THE ALARM THE ANTENNA CONNECTIONS WERE PRIMED SO IT WOULDN'T MAKE CONTACT WITH THE SYSTEM.<br> THE ANTENNA IS EMBEDDED IN THE GLASS. THE TRANSMITTER WORKS NOW.<br> BY THE WAY THE TOOL TO REMOVE THE REAR WINDSHIELD SCRATCHED THE PAINT ON THE EDGE OF THE FRAME ADDING 4 MORE DAYS IN THE SHOP. SO GO OVER THE FINISHED JOB CAREFULLY.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.