Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My Tint is completely scratched!

1K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  Guest (MBNZ) 
#1 ·
I tinted my c240 1 1/2 months ago and the window is completely scratched. Everytime you roll the windows up and down it gets worst. I took it to Best Window Tinting in Tustin, California. I will be calling them and demanding a refund of the $180 I paid them. Flecther Jones Motor Cars used them in the past but the dealer completely stopped tinting cars for the customers becasue of all the headache it caused. The tint shop used Solar Gard window tint, which I believe to be the problem, it seems like it sucks and gets scratched to easly.<p>Does anybody else have this problem?<p>I will let everyone know the outcome, but don't take your cars to Best Window Tinting!

#4 ·
: I tinted my c240 1 1/2 months ago and the window is completely scratched.<p>I DON'T THINK IT'S THE COMPANY OR THE TINT; IT'S THE DOOR SILLS, I THINK. I JUST NOTICED MY 1ST SCRATCH ON MY C320 [NICE, LONG STREAK IN THE MIDDLE OF DRIVER'S WINDOW] AND READING YOUR NOTE TELLS ME TO EXPECT MORE.... BECAUSE I ONLY LOWER THE WINDOW TO PAY TOLLS AT THE CORONADO BRIDGE, MAYBE I'LL LUCK OUT AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY FOR A YEAR OR SO.

#5 ·
Tint is scratched because new MB's don't have felts in doors

I just go my C320 tinted today with a shop that specializes in Mercedes tinting. They explained that MB cars do not have the felt that brushes up against the door so one must be put in by the installer. Otherwise the tint will brush up against the inside steel door causing the scratches. This only applies to mercedes vehicles.<br>Make sure you have them install felts for every door.<p>: I tinted my c240 1 1/2 months ago and the window is completely scratched. Everytime you roll the windows up and down it gets worst. I took it to Best Window Tinting in Tustin, California. I will be calling them and demanding a refund of the $180 I paid them. Flecther Jones Motor Cars used them in the past but the dealer completely stopped tinting cars for the customers becasue of all the headache it caused. The tint shop used Solar Gard window tint, which I believe to be the problem, it seems like it sucks and gets scratched to easly.<p>Does anybody else have this problem?<p>I will let everyone know the outcome, but don't take your cars to Best Window Tinting!<p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.