Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

help with oil dipstick tool

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rudeney 
#1 ·
My 2003 C240 4matic doesn't have a dipstick, oil level indicated electronically.
Still wanted to check it manually so picked up at ECStuning one of their oil dipstick
tools for this car. But there's no indication on the dipstick of where the correct oil level should
be. The dipstick has metric measurements from 50 to 200 at the bottom of the
dipstick and that's all. Contacted ECStuning and they couldn't help. Has anyone checked their
oil on this car with a manual dipstick?

#4 ·
I wanted to be able to check my oil level with a dipstick as i don't trust the electronic one so I went to the junkyard and pulled a few there. I found one with a wide rubber end that fits nicely in the dipstick tube... i waited until i needed an oil change to set mine up... my 05 c55 takes 9 quarts. I put in 7... inserted the stick, made sure it was bottomed out... and measured the amount that i needed to clip off to shorten it so it would be inserted all the way into the top of the tube... I tried it several times, when I was satisfied that it was correct i marked the level at 7 qts, I added the 8 qt, marked the stick, and then the 9th qt and marked it as the "full" line.. works great and no more worries...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.