Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

recirculation air flap reset M111

9K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Vredi 
#1 ·
Hi,

recently I got code P0410 on my C200 Kompressor, 2001 (M111 engine). I already made sure 2 valves (to the exhaust) for recirculation are functioning well and no leaks in the vacuum system.
Now I want to try to relearn the Recirculation Flap on the intake. I found procedure on a few forums, but I don't understand the process. Could someone here explain me in simple words how it is done?

1 When ignition is switched off press flap slightly past limp home
position. - IS THIS HORIZONTAL OR VERTICAL (open or closed?)

90° position must be changed manually. The processor
shut-off delay has a duration of approx. 5 seconds. (IS THIS THE NEXT STEP OR EXTRA INFO??)

2.Switch on ignition for approx. 15 seconds, switch ignition
back off again and wait for processor shut-off delay.

3. Switch ignition on for approx. 45 seconds, switch ignition
back off again and wait for processor shut-off delay.

The learn-in procedure for the recirculated air flap is then
completed.

Help me please!!
If this doesn't work, should I buy a new flap? Or other suggestions? Clean throttle body? O2 sensors?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
limp home position is open.

In 99% of the cases, you can start with point 2.

So, 15 s on, 5 off, 45 s on, 5 off, 5 on, start.

During the 45 s you can open the hood and listen to the flaps. At ca. 25 s you should hear the throttle body moving, some seconds after the recirc flap.
A good idea is to open the air filter housing and see the close/open process. The flap must close and open smoothly and fast.

#4 ·
That is a difficult question. I general, this problem is a combination of wear in the flap and a software bug. The software is too time critical. If you turn the key from 0-2, the software decides cold start yes, move flap, did the flap move. The combination of wear in flap bearings/grease with cold weather is leading to a slow reaction of the flap and therefor a limp home error. On the next cold start the secondary air is missing and the P0410 error comes up.

My work around is to switch ignition on for 2 seconds before start. I also greased the flap internals.

#5 ·
cool, thanks.
A bit strange... but now I relearned the flap, the code seems to stay away, but another code appears: P0101 MAF sensor. So cleaned the sensor ,didn't help. Replaced him, still getting the code. Are the 2 facts related? Should I take the whole air ducting apart to clean and check for leaks? Is this a common problem with these cars?

Thanks for the help! much appreciated.

F

#6 ·
Do you have power loss after P0101? If yes, the faults can be connected, but I'm not sure.
Read out the freeze frame data when the error comes up.
Check all intake hoses for leaks. The connection after the intercooler is a critical part. This is hard to see, even if the air box is out.
Was the Mass sensor covered with oil? If yes, there are two valves to clean. One is within the oil separator above the supercharger (where the short hose from the valve cover gets in), the other is below the intake manifold (very hard to reach, do this only when necessary, , the white part of the Y-hoses).

#7 ·
Yes, there was oil in the MAF. Not extreme, but too much I guess...
I'll start with cleaning the oil separator this weekend. If necessary, I'll clean the lines under the intake manifold. I'll probably have to remove the manifold to do so?

hopefully it works.

Thanks for the wonderful help!

F

#8 ·
It is enough to unbolt the manifold and the injection line and lift it 2 inch, you don't have to remove it as in the video.
You need a full set of 1/4 inch ratchet tools and some e-torx.
Buy the 3 lines before you start. The old ones become very brittle and they will crack when you try to move them.

I can give you some pictures if you like, just give me an email and I sent you some from my work.

good luck

#9 ·
Thank you so much 54421! Would be great to get some pictures of your work! I'll pm you...
Also, do you know the part numbers for the valve and lines (both the one at the oil separator and the one under the intake manifold)? I think it's a good idea to replace them anyway.

Thanks a lot for the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.