Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

waste gate disengaging when making boost

784 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mario Rodriguez 
#1 ·
my c230 kompressor coupe 2002 2.3l runs perfectly until the boost power is lost when going up hill . i turn off the ignition and start it back and goes back to normal. what it can be wrong here?

#4 ·
I have a boost gauge instaled in my car. Before anything goes wrong the car feels with power and the boost gauge reads 4-6psi (3k- 4k rpm ) driving normaly geting on to the highway or just accelerating out of a trafic light. But when im going up hill that the car is using boost i see the gauge reading 4-6psi and accelerating it sudenlly cut off the boost (i can see it on the boost gauge that its reading -10vac or so) and the car feels slow like a N/A.

#5 ·
I have a boost gauge installed in my car. Before anything goes wrong the car feels with power and the boost gauge reads 4-6psi (3k- 4k rpm ) driving normally going on to the highway or just accelerating out of a traffic light. But when I'm going uphill that the car is using boost I see the gauge reading 4-6psi and accelerating it suddenly cut off the boost (i can see it on the boost gauge that its reading -10vac or so) and the car feels slow like a N/A.
btw I have been living with this problem since I got the car 3 years ago. one time I opened the hood(while the engine was acting like an N/A)to check why it was not making boost and found that the recirculation air flap was not closing, it was wide open.
I know that it should close when you accelerate it, I had a friend to accelerate the car while I was looking at the recirculation air flap and it did not move. Then I just turn off the car remove the key and start it again, did the same test and the recirculation air flap was working again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.