Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Cylinder sequence

55K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  noriborre 
#1 ·
I need to replace a coil pack / ignition module on a certain cylinder. On the M272 V6, Is it correct that cylinder number one is at the front of the engine on the drivers side and that cylinder number four would be at the front of the engine on the passenger side?
In other words, 1 2 3 on drivers side and 4 5 6 on passenger side?

#4 · (Edited)
I would recommend WIS - MBZ's official Workstation Information System. You can get a "copy" on eBay for around $30.

Oh, and regarding coil issues...if one has an error, I suggest swapping it with another to see if the error follows the coil or the cylinder. If it follows the coil, then replace it. If it follows the cylinder, then swap (or replace) the plug.

#6 ·
I need to replace a coil pack / ignition module on a certain cylinder. On the M272 V6, Is it correct that cylinder number one is at the front of the engine on the drivers side and that cylinder number four would be at the front of the engine on the passenger side?
In other words, 1 2 3 on drivers side and 4 5 6 on passenger side?

#7 ·
It's the opposite sides - 1 is the front cylinder on the right (USA passenger) side, then 2 and 3 on the back. 4 is the front cylinder on the left front (USA driver) side, then 5 and 6:

F
R 1 2 3
O
N 4 5 6
T

#10 ·
I would recommend WIS - MBZ's official Workstation Information System. You can get a "copy" on eBay for around $30. Oh, and regarding coil issues...if one has an error, I suggest swapping it with another to see if the error follows the coil or the cylinder. If it follows the coil, then replace it. If it follows the cylinder, then swap (or replace) the plug.
hello good day just clarify for me please because this coil is coming as one unit with its computer So what do you mean when you're saying replace or swap the plug in the past I have changed now it shakes I need to change #3 as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.