Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Rough Shifting After Conductor Plate change

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  rudeney 
#1 · (Edited)
So i recently pulled a p0715 code and got my conductor plate replaced. I was able to drive the car again as it wasn't in limp mode anymore. Now the car shifts pretty rough when its cold.

The worst part is the downshifting from 2nd to 1st gear. It doesn't slam as hard as it used to before the part change but its noticeable. I also pulled the tcm out and noticed it had some oil on the connector but not in the tcm so i cleaned both the plug and the connector. The car doesn't shift hard when its hot although It occasionally will.

The car has 143 on the odometer and im not sure if the transmission has been serviced before the 4.5 quarts i added and the filter i changed after the part replacement. I checked the fluid and it was pretty dirty. I'm not sure if getting a full transmission flush would help. I don't want to go and blow however much it costs for the service without knowing for sure if it will fix it.

The transmission is a 722.6 automatic

#4 ·
OK, you have the 722.6 5-speed transmission, so there is no coding necessary with the conductor plate replacement. I would check the fluid level. You will need a special dipstick for that (you can buy one online for $20 - check eBay, Amazon, etc.) Make sure you are using the proper dip tube - it will be under cover and have a locking tab on the cap. The other dip tube visible with the engine cover in place is for engine oil. You will also need the proper fluid. Shell ATF-134 is approved and should be available locally for less than MBZ fluid at the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.