|08-16-2013, 04:40 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Date registered: Dec 2007
I want to install an aftermarket 10" sub in my 03' C230 with factory deck
I have a 2003 C230 Kompressor sedan. I have a stock stereo with cassette tape and factory sub in the rear deck.
I already have my cassette iPod adapter and play my music from my iPhone. So now I want to put an aftermarket 10" subwoofer box in the trunk.
Here's what the stereo looks like http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/eu...0531_radio.png
- Get a line out converter to connect to the factory speaker wire or factory sub wire to have a RCA input for the aftermarket amp.
- Remote wire for the aftermarket amp can be tapped into the rear fuse box
- Can I connect the line out converter wire to the factory sub wire?
- Which fuse do I connect/tap the remote wire to?
- Do I disable the factory subwoofer once the aftermarket sub is installed?
- Disconnecting the battery before doing this makes me nervous because, I read that when you disconnect the battery you get some faulty on the dash, and windows, lock, moonroof malfunctions, etc....Is this true?
Last edited by J_STATUS; 08-16-2013 at 04:43 AM.
|08-16-2013, 07:34 AM||#2 (permalink)|
Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240 FORMER: 2001 ML320
Location: Birmingham, AL
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|