#1 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 12:35 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up 2003 c240 trans conductor plate replaced

so your car goes in to limp mode which is 3rd and reverse. i ordered the plate of off ebay with the gasket, filter and the connector and the 13 pin connector. jack up thr car (there is a flat spot to put jack just past the radiator) and secure the car. remove used oil. Allen key for the plug. remove 6 torx skrews t30. drop pan. disconnect the harness to the conductor plate then remove the connector ( use long 7mm socket) now remove 10 t30 torx bolts, i removed them like i was taking of a tire. it is heavy so be ready to catch it or do as i did i used a 6 x6 stud and cut it to 20 inches (depends how high you jack car up). when i took of the wiring harness of it was soaking with oil so thats where the problem started. drop the plate and lay it flat on table, remove 3 t30 torx bolts that hold down the actuators and place them down exactly how you took them out. old plate snaps out and snap in new plate. install the actuators and screw them in place. reinstall the valve body (it is heavy) on the left corner the is a colored hook that needs to be hooked up just move it back and push up on the valve body and insert the 10 torx screws back. reinstall new 13 pin connector, the connector has 3 notches on it the straight cut is located it 3 o clock inside the plate,this will take a little pressure to push in and then use the 7mm to tighten it back. put the cover back on and refill trans fluid from top. i did get a dip stick of ebay(17 bucks) before doing work. it took me 1 hour and 45 mins, got to get codes removed either the steeler or someone who has a snapon brand scanner will do it. i bought the car for a
$1100, got it fixed for 250.00!!!! ther are pics on other threads and on youtube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240 FORMER: 2001 ML320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Wow, that's a steal on that car - good job!

--

- RODNEY

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W203 C-Class