Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

heated front seats

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Check Codes 
#1 ·
i was wondering if anyone could help me,

will the passenger seat covers (back and base) fit on to the the drivers side, my heated seats have stopped working and i can get a cheep replacement passenger side covers but not drivers side. or does any one know an amazing quick fix when the elements fail, the base just about heats up and the back does nothing, the switch lights up as normal.

many thanks for any help given :)

#2 ·
I can't answer your direct question, but why not repair yours? That is even cheaper. There are a few threads floating around the forum for this, from what I recall basically you pull the cover and there is a burned spot in the foam near where the wire fails, fix the break and it works again. Until it breaks (again). A search should turn them up.

There are also replacement elements that use a carbon-mesh so that a single break doesn't kill the entire pad, in the states they run about $100 for both elements (enough to redo one seat). I have one of these kits in my trunk, but I have not made time to install it (mostly because I don't drive the car daily and it doesn't get that cold here, at least consistently).

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.