Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Wiring Question

826 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  buddy6210 
#1 ·
The fender liner on the front passenger side of my car came loose, tire caught it and ripped it off. In the process it yanked the wires for the fog light and temp sensor out. I have the wires and want to repair them but can't find where they run to. Does any know which direction the run? Over the fender well or across the front of the car?

#3 ·
The socket for mounting both the fog light and the temp sensor are still there. the problem I'm having is finding where the leads connect back into the main harness. The temp sensor wires are run together alongside the wires for the fog lamp. I have about 2.5 feet worth of wire. It appears that it runs up on the fender well but I'm not sure.

All the wires under the hood and car are wrapped with something similar to friction tape and it may have pulled out of one of those and I'm not able to see where the break would be. Any help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
Same thing happened to me but it didn't tear everything out it just rubbed on the tire and the temp gauge stopped working. I just saw four wires (2 smaller for the temp and 2 larger for the fog lamps.) It looked like these were the only wires that direction. When it's light out I'll see if I can find where they go. I'll try to take a picture too...

I wonder if this is a common issue with the C class. I am the second owner and it looks like the same thing happened before. Someone zip tied the temp sensor to the frame...

#5 ·
Thanks, I appreciate it. I think the wires run up into the engine compartment and over the fender well liner but I'm not sure and don't want to remove all the wrappings for no reason.

There does seem to be a lot of small things that are common problems!

#6 ·
Ok - I went outside and looked and it looks like the lines come right over the passenger side wheel. Maybe try tracing these wires back and see where it ripped out. I tried to snap a picture but it didn't turn out too well. I know it's not much but I hope this helps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.