Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My C230K won't switch to Sport mode

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  AnnetteMMc 
#1 ·
Two weeks ago I purchased a 2004 C230K and just learned about the Sport and Custom mode features of the vehicle.
Per the operator's manual, I tried to switch to sport from custom mode, to no avail.
What's the issue here? Is my sc button malfunctioning, or is there another issue? Any advice from those in the know would be great appreciated! :)

#6 ·
Perhaps I jumped for joy too quickly...now the sevice dept. says it might not be covered (by warranty or their error)...salesman reassured me it will be covered. We shall see how the appointment in 2 weeks goes...

Oh well, I guess live & learn...but I expected more :(

#7 ·
Is it an aftermarket warrant or MBZ CPO warranty? CPO would cover that. Aftermarket warranties vary, but since it's part of the transmission control electronics, I would think most would. Most aftermarket warranties simply exclude "wear and tear" so if the button had it's label worn off, that would not be covered. Some often exclude cockpit electronics like CD changers and NAV systems.

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks for your advice Rodney,

My warranty was purchased at the Benz dealership through Continental - the ultra care warranty which is supposed to cover everything the mfg warranty does. The cockpit is immaculate and the button is like new - so there is no neglect or wear 'n tear that occured there. My warranty states all switches are covered, and of course transmission and powertain issues. The only thing not covered is wear 'n tear like brake pads, oil filters, wipers, etc.

#10 · (Edited)
SKNIGHT:

My appointment is in 2 weeks, so I will let you know what happens. I think the consensus is that it is a malfunction with the switch. I saw another post on this forum, in which a similar issue involved a loose wire under the shifter plate.

When they fix mine, I will ask for the details of the problem and how they fixed it, so maybe it will be any easy fix for you :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.