Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Windshield washer issue

19K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mattuk85 
#1 ·
I have a C240 and the windshield washer quit working. I looked for a fuse but it appears to say Electronic in ths spot where the fuse would be? Does anyone know if there is a fuse to run the windshield washer motor or possibly I might just need a new motor?

#3 ·
Windshield washer pump was the first thing I had to on mine when I bought it a few months ago. Was trying to figure out the fuse thing, but didn't actually come up with anything, so I went ahead and bought a new pump for 20 bucks, or so.

Installed in about 15 minutes and it was done. Good as new.

So, most likely it is the pump itself. Seems to be fairly common occurence, even.

#6 ·
There is no fuse for the washer pump motor. It`s electronic. Remove the pump and put 12 volts on it. If it works, check the connection plug. If it`s good, the culprit could be the switch . Push the stick several times to see if it can put the pump back to work. In my car I have to push it several times to put the pump working.

Paulo Kropsch
Rio de Janeiro-Brazil

#9 ·
sounds like you have similar issue to what i had. start from easiest and cheapest way as i did. what i did is that i checked hose supplying fluid to sprayers if there is no cracks or hose isn't too tight - i had hose tight in my previous bmw. i extended 20mm by conectors and problem sorted.what i did in mercedes is that i removed cover where sprayers are(one clipped on bonniet). after i disconnected wires and hose i noticed that hose is wet inside so wated is supplyed there. where was problem? in one sprayer was dirt which i removed and put everything back in place. now it works and i can wash my merc windscreen every day :D

if that won't help then you have go further.

ps. if u hit sterring cluster once to the end, wipers work once but no water?when you do that depress button and press quick once again. maybe then will work? try both things and let us know how did u get on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.