Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2005 Benz C230 Problems,Alternator and Leg Problem.

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sammy567 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2005 Benz C230 Kompressor,and actually while looking for a solution to a nagging problem with the ride,i discovered this forum.I'm sure i will get solutions here.Dealing with two problems

1)The is a message on my dashboard saying Battery Alternator visit workshop,i bought a new one and the message is still there,the electricians says the alternator is giving out 12.5 volts while the car is on idle and 11.7v when loaded and so he concludes that the alternator i bought is bad,can someone throw more light on this.

2)I noticed while driving if i leave the steering my Benz moves to the right,even after allignment this continued,i was told that this could be caused by some bad bushings on the right tire side,can anyone advice what i should do.

Thanks for all the help i hope to get here.

#2 ·
the alternator probelm can be your batttery ....go to the mileage screen on dash and press the reset button 3 times fast...this will bring u into dyno mode and now u can see the battery voltage

as for your cars alignment if your mechanic didnt find the bad bushing before the alignment..then find a new mechanic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.