Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2005 C240 4Matic Engine Shutoff while driving

7K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  touk.e 
#1 ·
Hello Mercedes-Benz owners

This is my first post and hopefully this is where I will find the answer to my problem with my 2005 C240 4Matic.

This is my first Mercedes-Benz and was bought on February 2011. I love the car and the quality built. I just love everything on Mercedes-Benz. Well recently, two weeks ago while stopping at a drive-through the engine just shut off and it will not start 30 minute later. It was the most embarrassed moment in my life.

I searched the web and most forum mentioned that it might be the crank shaft position sensor that is causing the problem. I then search the web for crank shaft position sensor symptoms and it was perfect match.

After searching for answers, I realized I did noticed some low engine idle and shaking before the break down.

The current mileage is about 145000.

Appreciate your guys help.

Thanks

See less See more
#7 ·
Actually a failing Crank sensor will cut the ignition off, effectively cutting power to the engine.

OP: Most often on the M112 and M113 engine it will restart once it cools down. However, it can just die, then the engine just cranks without ever starting.

And frustratingly, most often the crank sensor won't throw a code.

The first thing I'd do is check for fuel at the rail, there is a Schrader valve that makes it easy. If you have fuel, then I would replace the crank sensor.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.