Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Sorry for Noob Question--problem with wheel

619 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Check Codes 
#1 ·
Had a stock chrome wheel crack on my 2005 C230K Sedan with Sport AMG package, decided to purchase some 2011 C350 Split 6 spoke AMG wheels for a GREAT price.

Problem is--don't fit. Wont clear caliper up front, haven't even checked the back... Fronts are 57, rears are 48.

I've tried to do some research, but will a 20mm spacer work up front?eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices and what will I need in back?

Also I'm assuming I'll need longer bolts? would I just add the 20mm from spacer to the original bolts? where's the cheapest place to find them?

Thanks! Please don't flame! :surrender:

#4 ·
Thanks for the help, I don't want this great deal to go to waste...
It kinda already has, but lots of folks have fallen into the same trap. MB is so weird with offsets on different models. They probably have that style of wheel in the proper offset for your chassis, you just picked some from the wrong chassis and not knowing that there was homework to be done, you just bought them.

Personally I am not a fan of spacers. They simply add unsprung weight, and if they are not high-quality, you can end up with weird vibrations as well. And quality ones (particularly in the thickness you're discussing) are not cheap, so you *really* have to love the wheels for the additional investment.

The other thing you may run up against is the bolt depth. You'll actually need to calculate the bolt length you need (and hopefully the ball seat on these new wheels is the same as your chassis). Once you get the proper bolt length for the wheel, then you are correct, you add the thickness of the spacer to that length.

RADUSAdirect.com is a great source for bolts once you figure out what you need. They may not be the least expensive (though for custom bolts they usually are) but they are all excellent quality, which is what you want, particularly when you're going extra-long to pull through spacers.

If you look on the back of one of your new wheels and post the part number (should start with an "A") I may be able to get you some more basic information about the lug bolt configuration.

Personally, though, I'd sell those and look for wheels that are the proper offset to fit without having to mess with spacers, special bolts, etc. ;)

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.