BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2009
Vehicle: 2005 C230K
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post Mirror Turn Signal lamp messages, C230

I had a message telling me that there was an issue with the left turn signal located on the mirror. I decided to purchase the left and the right housing with bulbs included to get them out of the way at the same time. I installed the left on first and was still getting the error message. Went forward with installing the right side, I jump into my car and the message is gone. I take my car out to do a victory lap around the block, I turn on my left blink all okay, turn on my right blinker, perfect! But when I'm about to pull in the left turn signal message is back. I stop the car, hit the left blinker and indeed it is not blinking. After parking the car I decide to lean against the mirror as to apply pressure pushing it into or towards the car and lock the car and it blinks. Jump back in message is gone it works again! Problem is when I went down starts this morning the message has come back. I think there is an issue with the connection itself. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

The parts I bought were not from the dealer but they were OEM. So I do not think voltage is the issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 01:05 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 2005 C230 Kompressor
So I had the same problem when I bought my C230 a couple of years ago because the mirror suffered some kind of trauma before I bought it (lens was cracked), but the C230 healed itself maybe a month after the dealer took it apart and put it back together (no charge - part of the reason why I like the local dealership). Went from a persistent condition to an occasional relapse to complete remission in a matter of weeks. Then about a year ago, someone at work bumped into the mirror and the condition re-emerged; I had to reset the mirror into its rightful place since it was left popped out of its seat. Sure enough, after about a month or so, the C230 healed itself again.

So... I'm guessing that in my case it's a connector or harness issue, but I can't say for sure since the problem disappeared before it pissed me off enough to take action. You might want to try exercising a bit of apathy to give your C230 the time it needs to heal. :-) Failing that, I'd suspect that your problem is also a connector or harness issue, since you're experiencing the same symptoms even with a new housing. Hopefully someone else on this forum can enlighten us...

V.
2005 C230 Kompressor
#3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 01:13 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: S320 (W220) and Zotye 1.3/Rolls Royce on back order (LOL)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Wiring problem, folding mirrors sometimes trap the wires.

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 05:36 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2009
Vehicle: 2005 C230K
(Thread Starter)
UPDATE: Sunday I took off the housing, gave the two wires that go into the turn signal and the bunch they are connected to a tug to give them some slack. So far it has seemed to work I've gone since them with no message.

If it reappears I was think if there was a way to make those two wires that connect to the turn signal longer so that I can connect wires and turn signal prior to reinstalling housing and maybe taping so they do not disconnect. Does any one know how I can do that?

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W203 C-Class