My new C180, mirror and SRS faults, please help - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 07:14 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2010
Vehicle: 2006 C180 KOMPRESSOR SALOON
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy My new C180, mirror and SRS faults, please help

I have recently bought a 2006 c180 kompressor through the trade and am delighted with the car but it has 2 minor faults and from reading these forums there seems to be a lot of info about them but if i could get a more specific answer towards my vehicle it would be very much appreciated

Its a cracking car, and seeing as im only 22 i went for the c180 for insurance reasons lol

but the car is showing 2 malfunctions on the trip computer..

1) 'turn signal, left mirror' (which is not working)
2) 'SRS malfunction, visit workshop'

I am a mechanic myself and have scanned the car for fault codes and erased the SRS light but it reappears, im lost

i checked wiring and connections, fuses and relays for the mirror and the all look good but i thought L.E.D. bulbs lasted forever??

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, Andy!
andyseadog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 07:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: S320 (W220) and Zotye 1.3/Rolls Royce on back order (LOL)
Location: Jiangsu province China
Posts: 48,315
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyseadog View Post
I have recently bought a 2006 c180 kompressor through the trade and am delighted with the car but it has 2 minor faults and from reading these forums there seems to be a lot of info about them but if i could get a more specific answer towards my vehicle it would be very much appreciated

Its a cracking car, and seeing as im only 22 i went for the c180 for insurance reasons lol

but the car is showing 2 malfunctions on the trip computer..

1) 'turn signal, left mirror' (which is not working)
2) 'SRS malfunction, visit workshop'

I am a mechanic myself and have scanned the car for fault codes and erased the SRS light but it reappears, im lost

i checked wiring and connections, fuses and relays for the mirror and the all look good but i thought L.E.D. bulbs lasted forever??

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, Andy!
LED's do not last forever lol. And what are the SRS codes??

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
#3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 07:29 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2010
Vehicle: 2006 C180 KOMPRESSOR SALOON
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I work for an independent workshop, we have O.B.D.2 diagnostic equiptment, but only an Airbag/SRS reset tool... when i scanned the car, no trouble codes were showing, but used the reset tool to merely turn the light off?

I rang my nearest Merc dealer today to price up a new L.E.D. bar, it was only €37, and aparently they had 6 in stock... i thought that might suggest they sell a lot of them because they are faulty? but i dont want to fork out if this isint the prob as they said they wouldnt refund the part if opened???

Thanks...
andyseadog is offline  
#4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 07:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: S320 (W220) and Zotye 1.3/Rolls Royce on back order (LOL)
Location: Jiangsu province China
Posts: 48,315
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I just realised, you said you are a mechanic? YES? Then why did you not transfer the mirror from the other side of the car to test?

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
#5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 07:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: S320 (W220) and Zotye 1.3/Rolls Royce on back order (LOL)
Location: Jiangsu province China
Posts: 48,315
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyseadog View Post
I work for an independent workshop, we have O.B.D.2 diagnostic equiptment, but only an Airbag/SRS reset tool... when i scanned the car, no trouble codes were showing, but used the reset tool to merely turn the light off?

I rang my nearest Merc dealer today to price up a new L.E.D. bar, it was only €37, and aparently they had 6 in stock... i thought that might suggest they sell a lot of them because they are faulty? but i dont want to fork out if this isint the prob as they said they wouldnt refund the part if opened???

Thanks...
Read post 4

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
#6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 07:35 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2010
Vehicle: 2006 C180 KOMPRESSOR SALOON
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
mechanic being used loosly haha, im a 2nd year apprentice tbh.
I'l try that, could be that simple really couldn't it
andyseadog is offline  
#7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 07:42 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: S320 (W220) and Zotye 1.3/Rolls Royce on back order (LOL)
Location: Jiangsu province China
Posts: 48,315
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyseadog View Post
mechanic being used loosly haha, im a 2nd year apprentice tbh.
I'l try that, could be that simple really couldn't it
Sorry dude if I seem a little strong on you but I have been a benz tech since the 60's and now teach Chinese teens the ropes. If you have run all the checks you can then the opposite mirror has the same connector and should work ok on the opposite door providing the DCM (door control module) is OK.

So you would be testing two parts in one go, get it?

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
#8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 07:47 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2010
Vehicle: 2006 C180 KOMPRESSOR SALOON
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Appreciate very much appreciated dont worry! I think that is one of those things thats so 'staring you in the face obvious' i just didnt get it haha

open both mirrors, take l/h L.E.D. bar out, connect it to r/h mirror... if it still doesnt work, L.E.D. bar wants replacing, if ot does work, its the door module in theory anyhow
andyseadog is offline  
#9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 07:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: S320 (W220) and Zotye 1.3/Rolls Royce on back order (LOL)
Location: Jiangsu province China
Posts: 48,315
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyseadog View Post
Appreciate very much appreciated dont worry! I think that is one of those things thats so 'staring you in the face obvious' i just didnt get it haha

open both mirrors, take l/h L.E.D. bar out, connect it to r/h mirror... if it still doesnt work, L.E.D. bar wants replacing, if ot does work, its the door module in theory anyhow
In theory correct, as long as you checked out the wiring correctly. As to the SRS problem, you chaps should use a code reader that actually gives codes. You are way behind the times.

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
#10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 08:03 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2010
Vehicle: 2006 C180 KOMPRESSOR SALOON
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I'l let you know how it goes....
And in relation to the S.R.S. we are using 'Easy-OBDII' which doesnt cover SRS or Airbag trouble codes as far as im aware? im open to correction on this im in no position to tell 'the managment' what tools they need at the moment... tbh in these condition im glad im able to finish my trade and not be laid off!
i was/am doing checks while on lunch breaks, so i dont want to appear to be a leach, using the tools and moaning about incompatability lol
andyseadog is offline  
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W203 C-Class


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
SRS light stays on and SRS DTC strange result nubyOz W140 S-Class 8 11-25-2010 09:57 PM
2005 C230X Komp Help! SRS then EPS Faults brown-eyed girl W203 C-Class 8 06-30-2009 09:51 AM
C180 1999 drivers side door mirror dismantle and repair Erp W202 C-Class 5 09-16-2007 07:51 PM
New Faults rab538 W163 M-Class 1 07-04-2006 10:14 AM
Electrical faults Silver190 W201 190 Class 1 06-04-2006 11:59 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome