C240 Throttle postion sensor problem - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W203 C-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2009
C240 Throttle postion sensor problem

Hey folks I pulled the codes. indicated throttle postion sensor, MB tech said the sensor is in the accelerator pedal, i replaced that and still have the same problem. car will barely idle and shuts off the moment i touch the accelerator.
2001 MB c240, any ideas? I'm going broke troubleshooting this thing so any help is much appreciated.
ESMarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2009
i dont know if it is in the pedal. but the throttle position sensor is apart of the electric gas actuator or throttle actuator. I have to replace this on my car too as well as the Mass Air Flow meter. I will not let the dealer put these parts on as they are incompetent and I have been taking my car there for the same problem several times. they have fixed wrong things i guess so i will tire of the car and get another one. If i do this what MB dealers need to realize is I am not buying from them or another MB given the horrible services. Call around to parts places and Inde Mech and find out if it is in the pedal, which I doubt. try if you need the Mass Air Flow Sensor/ Meter as well as the Throttle Actuator.
mb-c230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: W203
It would be worth cleaning the Throttle valve...also called a slide valve.
on he W203 its at the front of the engine (not close to pedals)
They actually sell a spray for cleaning these things, Its a solvent.
If the valve is not seating correctly you will get many errors and the idle/acceleration will suffer.

Good Luck
Joe
Joe_Barton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Barton View Post
It would be worth cleaning the Throttle valve...also called a slide valve.
on he W203 its at the front of the engine (not close to pedals)
They actually sell a spray for cleaning these things, Its a solvent.
If the valve is not seating correctly you will get many errors and the idle/acceleration will suffer.

Good Luck
Joe
are there any pictures of the location of the throttle valve actuator?
mb-c230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2011
i was driving my ml350 last night and hit a big pot hole and thats when my acceleration on the car started to give me issue it would take a few seconds before it response. So i parked the car turned it off and turnn it back on and the check engine light appeared. Now the car will take like 2 seconds to accelerate. Got home woke up this morning still the same issue. is there anything i can do without seeing my expensive mechanic and if not what should he be telling me
sparks205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W203 C-Class