C230 fog lights for 2005 Kompressor - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 03:57 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
spearstrvlr6's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 C230 Kompressor Sport, 2004 SL500
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to spearstrvlr6 Send a message via Yahoo to spearstrvlr6
(Thread Starter)
C230 fog lights for 2005 Kompressor

Looking for fog lights for my 2005 C230. I called the dealer and gave him the vin. Just for the passenger side light that got broken by a rock, it will cost me $300. The reason being I have the AMG package, sport package. What are my options for replacement? Open to suggestions. I saw some projectors on ebay, but not sure about the quality.
spearstrvlr6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 03:59 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Preet's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: W203 Sport Pkg
Location: Canada, Ontario, Brampton
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearstrvlr6 View Post
Looking for fog lights for my 2005 C230. I called the dealer and gave him the vin. Just for the passenger side light that got broken by a rock, it will cost me $300. The reason being I have the AMG package, sport package. What are my options for replacement? Open to suggestions. I saw some projectors on ebay, but not sure about the quality.
I have the same issue anybody?

Exterior: Sport Edition Pkg, MB Stock Bi-Xenons, MB Black Head light Surrounds, Hoen 9006 Fog’s, Clear Side Markers, Sport AMG Style Grille, MB Stock W204 Flat Hood Badge, Lorinser Style Trunk Spoiler, Debadged, 3M Clear Hood Protector, Clear Code Paint Protection Sealant, Silver Tire Valve Covers
Interior: Euro Comand 2.5, MB Stock MP3 CD Changer, Aux IPod Integration, Silver AMG Door Pins & Surrounds
Eng: K&N Air Filter, Rust Protection Module
Other Mod’s: AMG Leather Smart Key Case
Preet is offline  
#3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 2006 C230 Sport
Location: Spring, Texas
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought the set of two on ebay for $78. I have a 2006 with the AMG/Sport package. They are fine and appear to be identical to the OEM with the exception that the beam is more of a projector style.

01-06 MERCEDES W203 C230/C320 PROJECTOR FOG LIGHT 04 05:eBay Motors (item 110395325878 end time Jun-23-09 18:54:13 PDT)
mpatrick is offline  
#4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 04:56 AM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Eesjunin's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 2002 Mercedes C320
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatrick View Post
I bought the set of two on ebay for $78. I have a 2006 with the AMG/Sport package. They are fine and appear to be identical to the OEM with the exception that the beam is more of a projector style.

01-06 MERCEDES W203 C230/C320 PROJECTOR FOG LIGHT 04 05:eBay Motors (item 110395325878 end time Jun-23-09 18:54:13 PDT)
can you post a pic with these on?



...pRoject in pRogreSS...

WTB: AMG skirts


Helpful links:
W203 Seat module fix http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203-c-class/1403233-diy-how-fix-your-power-seat.html

Mechanic search: http://www.cartalk.com/content/mechx/find.html
HID kits: http://www.tspny.com/shop
Eesjunin is offline  
#5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 07:39 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
dnlow's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: 05' C230 sold Sept, 09 05' Ford F-150 XLT
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is one I found on the internet, pretty good price also.

01 - 07 Mercedes Benz C230 Fog Light Lamp - Left (Driver) 02 03 04 05 06
dnlow is offline  
#6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 02:10 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 03 C240 V6
Location: California
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have the same problem, does the pass. side always get broken first?

I have a C240 2003 model without amg/sport package. Are the lights the same from 01-07?

2003 C240 V6 - White
Samsonite is offline  
#7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 04:41 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Black04C230's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 910
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought OEM ones off of Ebay. If the aftermarket ones are cheap, they are most likely cheap lights.

2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan.
C55 Lip Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, 3 Fin Grill, Flat Hood Emblem, Clear Corners, Projector Headlights, Eyelids, Projector Foglights, Brabus Door Pins, Smoked Tail Lights, Smoked Third Brake Light, and Window Tints.
Next: C63's & AMG facelift.
Black04C230 is offline  
#8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 04:55 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
spearstrvlr6's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 C230 Kompressor Sport, 2004 SL500
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to spearstrvlr6 Send a message via Yahoo to spearstrvlr6
(Thread Starter)
Fog Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatrick View Post
I bought the set of two on ebay for $78. I have a 2006 with the AMG/Sport package. They are fine and appear to be identical to the OEM with the exception that the beam is more of a projector style.

01-06 MERCEDES W203 C230/C320 PROJECTOR FOG LIGHT 04 05:eBay Motors (item 110395325878 end time Jun-23-09 18:54:13 PDT)
I saw those on ebay, how was the fit. Was the price for both lights or just one. Looking for oem, but those will do until I can get them.
spearstrvlr6 is offline  
#9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 05:30 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 2006 C230 Sport
Location: Spring, Texas
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The fit was exactly like the OEM. To tell the truth the only difference is the beam pattern which I personally like better. Seems like the passenger side catches more road trash for some reason. If someone has a need for an OEM driver side I would sell them mine for half of what a new OEM cost. The passenger side is real easy to change. The driver side was a real pain because the windshield washer bottle is in the way. I read that you are supposed to remove the bumper to install the passenger side but I took the lens off and was able to squeeze it in and then put the lens and clips back on while it was in the hole. I don't understand why they don't sell the lens separately since it is not sealed and is held to the fixture by three clips.

The ones I bought on ebay were $78 for the pair and included the bulbs. I have had them in for about a month now with no issues.

And no, the non AMG are not the same as the AMG.

Last edited by mpatrick; 07-16-2009 at 05:33 PM.
mpatrick is offline  
#10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 06:36 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
spearstrvlr6's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 C230 Kompressor Sport, 2004 SL500
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to spearstrvlr6 Send a message via Yahoo to spearstrvlr6
(Thread Starter)
Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatrick View Post
The fit was exactly like the OEM. To tell the truth the only difference is the beam pattern which I personally like better. Seems like the passenger side catches more road trash for some reason. If someone has a need for an OEM driver side I would sell them mine for half of what a new OEM cost. The passenger side is real easy to change. The driver side was a real pain because the windshield washer bottle is in the way. I read that you are supposed to remove the bumper to install the passenger side but I took the lens off and was able to squeeze it in and then put the lens and clips back on while it was in the hole. I don't understand why they don't sell the lens separately since it is not sealed and is held to the fixture by three clips.

The ones I bought on ebay were $78 for the pair and included the bulbs. I have had them in for about a month now with no issues.

And no, the non AMG are not the same as the AMG.
Thanks for the info.
spearstrvlr6 is offline  
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W203 C-Class


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
C230 Help in-dash mounting after market stereo 2005 C230 Kompressor Sport kmm2234 Audio & Telematics Forum 1 07-29-2009 10:24 AM
C230 fog lights for 2005 Kompressor spearstrvlr6 W203 C-Class 1 07-15-2009 09:24 PM
FS 2005 c230 fog lights and mesh grill pawe For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway 2 07-06-2009 07:44 PM
2005 C230 Kompressor vs. non-Kompressor. Difference?? Bio Analyst W203 C-Class 35 07-20-2008 01:54 PM
2005 C230 Kompressor nlynchard General Mercedes-Benz 1 05-16-2004 06:12 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome