c230 garage door opener controls - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W203 C-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
c230 garage door opener controls

i have another problem programming the garage door opener controls. I have tried hittin the button on the receiver and running to the car and holding down that button and vice versa but neither one seems to work.......can anyone please help

thanks,
callen
callen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: 2006 C280 4Matic
Send a message via AIM to DJYoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by callen View Post
i have another problem programming the garage door opener controls. I have tried hittin the button on the receiver and running to the car and holding down that button and vice versa but neither one seems to work.......can anyone please help

thanks,
callen
call the MB customer service # in your manual & they'll walk you through it step by step if you need to.
www.MySpace.Com/DJYoshi
www.itshot.com/djyoshi
2006 C280 4Matic
[Xenon Projector Head Lights, Brabus Exhaust, Lorinser Side Skirt, Expression CL Grill, Flat White Star Metal Badge, Kicker SB 10", AMG Rear Wing]
[TBD: Brabus Rear Bumper, AMG Front Bumper, Xenon Projector Fog Lights]
DJYoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Same thing happens to me. It said in the manual though it could have something to do with the garage opener and it not letting it be programed to it. I guess some type of coding blocker?
C55 Lip Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, 3 Fin Grill, Flat Hood Emblem, Clear Corners, Projector Headlights, Eyelids, Projector Foglights, Brabus Door Pins, Smoked Tail Lights, Smoked Third Brake Light, and Window Tints.
Next: C63's & AMG facelift.
Black04C230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Thanks for your help, i actually kept looking around and found that
1. you hold down the #1 and #3 on the rearview mirror till the lites start blinking(about 20 seconds). this erases the previous codes.

2.Then you hold down the button on your remote and the button on the rearview mirror, this puts the rearview mirror button on the same frequency as you garage door opener. While holding down the buttons you will notice the lite flashing slowly and when its programmed to your remote it will flash really fast.

3.Next you program the rearview button with your opener receiver. On mine, I get someone in the car to hold the rearview button while i press the program button on the receiver and when it is programmed, the lite on my opener turns on.

I just did it and it worked.

thanks again

Johnson Controls Inc. | Programming and Operation
callen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Thanks again!
Black04C230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2011
I just managed to program my garage door using the rolling code method.

I have Liftmaster Professional (41D4674-10D). I managed to get a copy of the manual and they have instructions in there as well.

http://www.liftmaster.com/pdfdocs/114A3072.pdf

I reversed my car out, thinking that it has to be line of sight. I tried several times but nothing works.

I drove my car right under the control box, and opened my sun roof, and reached for the "Learn" button.

So within 30seconds I have to press button 2, 3 or 4, I use "3", somehow "2" did not work. Btw, I cleared all the memory by pressing 2 & 4 for 20sec.

While pressing "3" for like 2sec, look at the control box/motor unit, there is a light there, it will blink and once you see it, release button "2".

That's it. It's done.
firstdown80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: C320 4matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by callen View Post
Thanks for your help, i actually kept looking around and found that
1. you hold down the #1 and #3 on the rearview mirror till the lites start blinking(about 20 seconds). this erases the previous codes.

2.Then you hold down the button on your remote and the button on the rearview mirror, this puts the rearview mirror button on the same frequency as you garage door opener. While holding down the buttons you will notice the lite flashing slowly and when its programmed to your remote it will flash really fast.

3.Next you program the rearview button with your opener receiver. On mine, I get someone in the car to hold the rearview button while i press the program button on the receiver and when it is programmed, the lite on my opener turns on.

I just did it and it worked.

thanks again

Johnson Controls Inc. | Programming and Operation

This is the correct method and it worked on my c320.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240 FORMER: 2001 ML320
There are two steps to programming a rilling code system. First is to teach the HomeLink button the frequency of the transmitter (Step 2 above), and the second is synchronizing the rolling codes with the opener (step 3 above). Note that step 1 (erasing the HomeLink) is optional, and only necessary if you want to start with a clean slate on the HomeLink.

Note that in step 3, most opener units have one button to preform two functions - synchronizing with a new transmitter, and erasing all previously sync'ed transmitters. On my system (Sears Craftsman), pressing the program button on the opener once briefly puts it into sync mode. It stays in sync mode for about a minute, which is usually plenty of time to step down off the ladder and then press the recently learned HomeLink button to sync it. Pressing and holding (for three seconds) the button on my opener causes it to erase all transmitter synchronizations, meaning that each one would then have to be re-sync'ed, one at a time.

- RODNEY
rudeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2011
Vehicle: 2002 CLK 430 Cabriolet
Thanks All.
Benz925 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W203 C-Class