Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Finally did it!

2K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  clutch230k 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I have finally made my car my own. Now I look good riding around even though I cant even afford to gas it up right now lol. Sorry for the cell phone quality... AMG replicas, 18x8.5 all around. Hankook ventus v12s 235/40/18

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Damn. Got to say that looks extremely nice! I especially love the wheels. If you don't mind me asking, how much where the wheels and where did you get them from?? I think I might need a set for my car.

#5 ·
Thanks for the info. You really made me want those wheels now. Now time to save up a litte for some. Yah I know what you mean, I hate ordering expensive stuff from new places. Your always wondering what your going to get.

#6 ·
Well if you do plan on buying them from that place, I will tell you that they came with some small scuffs on the lips in some places. Not a big deal to me, but depending on how much of a perfectionist you are, it could be a big deal. Its amazing how I find excuses to drive now!

#7 ·
I'm looking around on the net and on Ebay for a wheel and tire package to see if I can find something a little cheaper. Those are def bad ass rims.

#8 ·
Nice wheels... 18 inch looks great on the coupe!

#14 ·
I have some H&R springs on there, Im thinking about cutting the front ones a little though.

yeah I went there, and they have some nice stuff, I was just wondering if anyone had a reccomendation.

I think you should pull the 1.8 badges - they were a 2003 only thing, and I think they really spoil the look of the fender with those wheels. Just my opinion, however.
Many times I have contemplated shaving all the badges, each time something stops me though...

#15 ·
I honestly wouldnt consider cutting the springs, it makes the handling soggy and ruins it. The cut spring doesnt seat properly and they are dual rate in most cars now so tempered and coiled differently at the top and bottom. Better to buy cheap lowered springs than cut your oems and the hassle is just the same to take them off and on, oem cut springs will bottom out earlier, rotate in their seats and be just as soft, but lowered ones are stronger to cope with the reduced travel.

#17 · (Edited)
Photshop yourself a picture with the emblems off and that will help you decide.

#19 ·
Here is a with and without picture to help you decide. I would def keep the emblems on the back of the car though.

Attachments

#20 · (Edited)
ok, I see what you are after bud. If you cut 1" from the top of the h&r's then you should try to get the new edge profile the same, if you look at the springs when they are off they have a flattened "land" area on the top coil, you need to duplicate that by first cutting directly below where the last turn ends and then grinding it gradually until it has the same flat profile so it will seat properly - without heating it too much or it will lose its tempering. If it doesnt seat and starts rotating in the cups it will wear out the rubbers or the cup itself - a friend of mine did it to a 300 4-matic and it broke a spring cup eventually, stranding the car.

Thats a shit hot car by the way and I love it, its made me want one even more now so I can have it look something like what you got there! That is one sweeet ride man. I think it looks awesome with the 1.8 wing badges off too, and if Satan drove a C-Class Coupe, it would look just like that :)

#21 ·
That picture is going to make me buy those wheels soon too. Guess I can say bye bye to atleast a grand. I would probably just leave the 1.8 badges alone, I kind of like them on it. That car is straight looking like a stealth bomber. :bowdown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.