Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fuse question

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rudeney 
#1 ·
Hello all, first time posting, but been lurking for a long time. I purchased a 2003 Sport coupe rebuilder several years ago and finally got around to putting it together (long story). I am still working out some bugs but while under the hood I took off the lid of the fuse box and noticed several empty spots (which I know on other cars is somewhat common). The only one that stumps me is it shows a fuse #53 & 54 for engine electronics but I dont have #54, just an empty slot. Has anyone else ever noticed if they have #54? It is not listed as SE (special equipment) so it has me thinking a bit. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

#4 ·
Well since nobody had an answer I gambled. The missing fuse turned on the engine fan, removed the CEL and restored full power (was in limp home mode). YAYA!!! Now if anyone has some spare time (which is hard to come by, i know) maybe they could look under their hood and see if the following fuses are in their car. Number 58 and 61 (which are transmission electronics)and the big "maxi" fuse #65 (I dont know what that is for). None of these are in mine and I am 400 miles from the nearest MB dealership so if I can conquer this it would be awesome. I know I am asking alot but if anyone can help it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks again!!

#6 ·
Hello Itaride, did you find a solution to Fuse #65 problem. I couldn't find any information regarding this fuse in the Fuse Chart or Manual. Its blown and I don't know what its for. My Secondary Air Injection Pump is throwing P0410 code and I want to know if its because of this fuse. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.