Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2003 C240 Door Lock Problem

17K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  efzauner 
#1 ·
When using key fob to lock car, the driver side door lock knob jumps up and down. Sometimes it locks and sometimes it dosen't. After a few tries it may work, if not I use the flat key. Suggestions?

#4 ·
Mine went out, I had a warranty but it would have cost me $450 to replace. And that was at CarMax, not at Mercedes.

Expect to pay $500 at the dealer. The problem was the door lock motor/actuator.

#6 ·
My driver's side door lock is doing exactly the same.
Is there a do it yourself guide to this motor/actuator or solenoid replacement ? I would hate to break any plastic clips when bringing the door panel off.

thanks

#8 ·
it is the door lock mechanism. No choice but to replace it. Not fixable I tried.
The repair is dooable but not easy. If you are concerned about plastic door panel clips then I suggest you dont do it. You ahve to remove the side airbag by drilling out the rivets, even remove the door handle, dismantle the window guides etc even then it is hard to get the part in and out. There are a few threads here. or get a hays manual for 25$ to see the step by step.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.