Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Left Blinker Problem

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  C230 Sport Coup 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm posting for my grandparents C-230 kompressor. Just recently they started having blinker problems. Occasionally when they're driving and they use the left turn signal, they get the "Check Front Left bulb" error, and the blinker blinks really fast. However when we checked ALL the left side blinkers they worked, and they blinked at a normal pace despite the signal in the gauge cluster blinking rapidly.

We tried chaning the bulb, but still every so often they hit the left blinker, and they get the bulb error. I'm assuming it's gotta be a loose connection or wire somewhere, but has anyone else ever experienced this?

#4 ·
I had the same problem when my dad and I changed the low & high beams. I kept getting the "check bulb" error as well but after about two weeks it went away. I noticed the headlights blink out whenever I went over a bump so you should check to see if they are secure for precautions.

#5 ·
Pull the bulb holders out and take a good look at them.
Are the contacts bright and shiney?
Not likely.

Use a pencil eraser to clean up the contacts and make 'em shiney, and while you're at it, bend the bottom contact up a little to apply a little more pressure the bottom of the bulbs.
Is anything looking like it's gotten hot and melty?

For my car at least there was an upgrade to the lighting harness that bypasses the turn signal connection in the light housing, and attaches directly to the bulb holder and a bround wire directly to the chassis, that was done by the dealer under warranty.

As a Field engineer I fixed 90% of stuff "back in the day" with a pencil eraser and small screwdriver than anything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.