Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Retrofit Project Auto Dimming Mirrors

8K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  miroj 
#1 ·
Hi All

I am attempting to retrofit Auto Dimming Internal Rear View and Drivers Side External Mirrors to my C180K W203 and I need some Help.

I now have a good replacement interior rear view mirror with Auto dimming and Homelink garage door opener.

I thought I would be able to look at this and figure out how I should remove the existing mirror, but I am still in the Dark !@#$.

HELP

Can anyone tell me how to remove the internal rear view mirror on my W203 ?

I also need details of the wiring on the replacement mirror so I can test it prior to fitting.
The Plug coming out of the mirror has 3 wires
Brown
Grey with blue strips
Pink with red stripe

Can anyone tell me which wires are what ??

I also acquired a new Auto dimming glass for drivers side external side mirror,cost AU$50 this has no sensors of its own and must be activated by the sensors in the internal unit. Once I have the internal mirror fitted what is involved in activating the side mirror.
Wiring ?
Control Unit Activation ?
etc ?

Thanks for any Help

See less See more
#2 ·
To do this properly you need new mirror frames, new door controllers and (as already bought) a new interior mirror and new glass.

I think you only have about 40% of the parts and 25% of the cost.

Most people get memory + dimming + folding frames (which then means you need a new light switch).

This is your shopping list (assuming you want both sides dimming)

- L & R mirror frame with dimming and whatever else you want
- L & R door controller with memory function (includes dimming)
- Interior mirror
- L & R glass with dimming
- light switch with folding (optional)

Then you need to code the OCP with DIMMING MIRROR = PRESENT

Keep going ....

#3 ·
OK

But I don't need the Pasanger side dimming and I don't need the folding or memory as I don't have full Electric Seats or Stearing.

Can I just wire the Diming glass up to the Internal Mirror ?

Do you know what the 3 connections to the Internal mirror are ?

Thanks

#5 ·
Thanks Miro

I have removed the Light Module to investigate wiring for the Internal Mirror.
I found that the unit has two sockets that will take the plug on the new Dimming Mirror.
Can you tell me which of these sockets is correct ?

Thanks for any Help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.