Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Sorry (8 I have a questions about Sport Coupe,please help me (8

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Defiant 
#1 ·
Hi all
I am new on forum (8
please say to me
What are competitors at a Mercedes C class Sport Coupe???
It is e46 coupe , mazda rx8 and so much??? please answer the question

#8 ·
hatch-back means it has an awkward looking rear like the C-sportscoupe and it doesn't have the proportion of a coupe, and the rear generally has a straight down side profile compare to the coupes with hatch lift gate trunk compartment like the new XJ and Z33.

e46 coupe doesn't even belong in the same sentence as the CL203. The E46 coupe is a true coupe. I had one.

If you want a Mercedes "coupe" get a CLK or CL.

#13 ·
Sorry but BMW TI is competitor VW Golf Audi A3 , because their size is simple
WHat about C-coupe? C-coupe has a large size than their cars, and look like a coupe
Also I want to say , that toyota celica , hyundai coupe , audi TT are hatch (Frankw), but all people say that their cars a coupe and c-coupe too (8
thank you

#14 ·
Mercedes-benz decided to label it a "coupe" instead of a "hatchback"... There reasoning is just calling it a hatchback would have negatively impacted the sale of the vehicle here in the United States. Not that it sold all that great being named a "sportcoupe" anyways... In reality it is a hatchback like others have said, but it is the nicest looking hatchback ever made in my opinion.

Just thought I would comment on that direct side view photograph. I find that is the worst viewing angle of the vehicle. I always hear people talking about how ugly the rear of the c230 coupe, but if you look at the rear from any other angle than a direct side view it is actually really nice. Something else that I have noticed is if the lighting is right that angle also looks good. I'll try to get a photograph of a direct side view in the correct lighting to show what I am talking about.

#16 ·
thank you for your answers,
There is a fact
AUDI A3 Length 4205 width 1765
BMW Ti Length 4262 width 1751
Merecedes Length 4343 (or 4526 with 2004) width 1728
It is the fact, and contenders are defined in the sizes (to length to width) and on technical parameters. Cl 203 can compete to the AUDI BMW TI at the price of and on a target audience (buyers of these cars). It at them the General similarity.Thanks
but Could you tell me if Mercedes CLC has a competitor?

#18 ·
1. FACT...Audi A3 is 168.74 inches = 4285.996mm...not 4205mm.

what technical parameter? these three cars plus the Golf, Alfa Brera, Opel Astra, Ford Focus, etc are all in the same sport compact car catagory if you want to use what the British calls it. There's no dening it that they are all hatchbacks.

The CLC is just the same car with new nose slap on to it. It's still a hatchback.

tell you what...why don't you submit a latter to Car and Driver, or Road and Track or Top Gear or whatever car magazine out there and ask them what the C coupe competitors are...and we can avoid stupid questions being asked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.