#1 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:58 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2005 C230 OEM MOST based Bluetooth Phone Kit

Well I've spent a good number of hours on this--and I think I have it somewhat figured out. I have a wholesale account with my local MB dealer, and I *think* an OEM install can be had for a touch under 1000--seeing how I have the HK audio system--I don't think eurocarphone.;com can help me out here. I do have 3 last questions--

1-has anyone gone ahead and retrofitted the OEM system?

2-has anyone here gone and done the Euro Car phone route? I think with them wanting almost 900 for their Stage 2 kit, (should my install be successful) I don't think they're going to beat mine by very much--plus I'm getting tired of waiting for them.

3-Is Version coding with SDS needed? I just got an update for my Modis, so I don't know if they improved any functionality with the MB software.

I don't have final prices yet but I think parts on my end will run about 950 after taxes. I'll keep everyone here updated!

Last edited by daimler560; 04-21-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 01:47 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 2005 C230 SS
I have the OEM kit with the v600 & cradle, it cost me:

1) core (643.50) + completer kit (167.50) = $811 + labor to install (332.50) = $1,143.50 just for the phone system.

2) the v600 phone (562.80) + cradle (214.50) = $1,920.80 grand total. Parts may be more expensive now, I bought it in March 2005.

3) I bought the bt module ($420 a year ago), but sold it on ebay. I got a Razr and hated it so I went back to using my v600 with the OEM cradle/phone. I will buy a new bt module if it's compatible with the next generation iPhone. I know the latest BT module works well with the current iPhone and does phonebook download. I think if you have an iPhone with the iPod integration kit & BT module, this is a nice setup since it will charge the phone in the glovebox and you can use it for music as well.

Keep in mind the OEM bluetooth module retails for an additional $493 at wireless4mb.com, so if you are getting the core kit, completer kit, AND BT module for $1K, I am pretty impressed.

I've blown enough money on this car's phone system, so until my v600 dies or the new iPhone is proven compatible, I'm sticking with the cradle. I got much better reception and call clarity with the docked phone setup, but obviously it's not conducive to upgrading or using multiple phones.

Hope that helps.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 03:14 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Vehicle: Silver E320 CDI MY2005 w/BT, Navi and Voice Control & Black ML 320 CDI MY2008 4-Matic w/BT and Navi
Post Just went OEM

I just went OEM (BT only) for my '05 E320. (Cost just under $1300 + 2 hours of installation.)

Not complaining. Just got tired of waiting for the ARGOS to be compatible with my car. Probably spent $500 more than with the ARGOS if it had been available but, again, no complaints. I just wanted to have it now. Only waited one week from the word go until I had the parts delivered and the installation done, all by the dealer.

I happen to like my dealer.

"The Best Things in Life are Free."
#4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 12:46 AM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
I love the dealer here in the bay area--I have a pretty good relationship with them, and the parts division is always ready to help out. I don't have a quote for the bluetooth cradle yet, but as of right now the completer kit and the core kit should run me about 650 or so. Keep in mind, I've omitted a few parts that I'm pretty sure I won't need because I'm going the bluetooth route ONLY.
#5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 08:45 PM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Well it took about a month plus, but I got the system to work--and boy is it good! Total bill to get the Mercedes factory bluetooth system going--about 1k. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks!
#6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 10:41 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveaustin View Post
I have the OEM kit with the v600 & cradle, it cost me:

1) core (643.50) + completer kit (167.50) = $811 + labor to install (332.50) = $1,143.50 just for the phone system.

2) the v600 phone (562.80) + cradle (214.50) = $1,920.80 grand total. Parts may be more expensive now, I bought it in March 2005.

3) I bought the bt module ($420 a year ago), but sold it on ebay. I got a Razr and hated it so I went back to using my v600 with the OEM cradle/phone. I will buy a new bt module if it's compatible with the next generation iPhone. I know the latest BT module works well with the current iPhone and does phonebook download. I think if you have an iPhone with the iPod integration kit & BT module, this is a nice setup since it will charge the phone in the glovebox and you can use it for music as well.

Keep in mind the OEM bluetooth module retails for an additional $493 at wireless4mb.com, so if you are getting the core kit, completer kit, AND BT module for $1K, I am pretty impressed.

I've blown enough money on this car's phone system, so until my v600 dies or the new iPhone is proven compatible, I'm sticking with the cradle. I got much better reception and call clarity with the docked phone setup, but obviously it's not conducive to upgrading or using multiple phones.

Hope that helps.
Helpful info -- thanks!

From what I have seen, that is a great price for the completer kit. Where did you buy it?
#7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 07:58 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2014
Bluetooth Music Streaming and Hand Free

If anyone is still looking for Bluetooth hands free and or music streaming I used a MOST Integration car kit from www.OemAutoIntegration.com on a friends 2006 E Class.
#8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 10:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240 FORMER: 2001 ML320
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Did you use the "MoBridge" or "Grom" unit? I looked at these, and I seem to recall one of them (or maybe both?) don't use the standard phone interface on the car (SEND, END, etc). Instead, it used the CD changer controls. I ended up putting the mCar unit (mCAR Multimedia Interface - Home) in the CLK and it perfectly emaaltes the OEM phone interface. The iPod interface uses CDC emulation, which I like better than the MBZ factory iPod interface since the playlist is controllable on the radio instead of just on the steering wheel controls.

--

- RODNEY
#9 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2014
We used the Mobridge M2 Connect. It connects into the fiber optic network in place of the cd changer like most of them do or where a Satellite tuner would if equipped. It also does utilize the Send and End buttons for calls. the Grom Audio can only operate in CD mode and does not enable the SEND and END buttons for calls.
#10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240 FORMER: 2001 ML320
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
OK, then it's the Grom that doesn't emulate the phone. Is the MoBridge compatible with US models (and US phones)?

--

- RODNEY

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W203 C-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.