LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 09:56 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Angry Help, Help, C320 Brake Problem, ESP, ABS, BAS!!!!

I have a 2001 Mercedes C320 and it recently started flashing the following error codes on the dash; ESP, BAS, ABS and then it said Brake Lining Wear Visit Workshop. The computer also retards the engine and the car only goes about 30 miles per hour when these error codes are flashing. This probelm is intermittent and sometimes I can drive 30 to 40 miles before it does it. Other times the error codes flash as soon as I start the car. I had the rear brakes replaced about six months ago and I thought that the front brakes may be causing the problem, therefore I just had the front pads and rotors replaced. The shop also replaced the front brake sensors as well. I then thought it may be the brake switch so I bought one from Walter's Mercedes and just replaced that too. The computer still flashes the ESP, BAS, ABS, Brake Lining Wear Visit Workshop Error Codes. Does anyone know what else the problem could be??? I am planning on taking the car into a local Mecedes Benz repair shop in the next few days, but would like to fix it myself if possible. We have a new baby and buying the formula food and diapers is killing me so I'm trying to save as much money as possible. Ten Thousand Thank You's!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 08:40 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2007
(Thread Starter)
Can anyone help give me some advice in this area??? If not, does anyone know a good Mercedes Benz mechanic in the Upland, Ontario California Area???
#3 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 03:38 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 2002 c320 wagon
Angry Update

After dealing with the draining battery issue, I thought I fixed it with unplugging the potentially defective Power Seat Modules. That led to the next problem of brake lights malfunctioning, abs msg, brake lining msg, visit workshop etc. The other problem were phantom headlights. With the car turned off the headlight would suddenly go on, not both but the left headlight only. The only way I could turn off the headlight was to disconnect the battery.

I brought the car in for service and they discovered I had a defective SAM. After spending $830 and no car for 3 days, I got the car back and it seems fine again.

I am not happy about having to pay for expensive repairs on a 2002 Mercedes with 43000 miles on the odometer. Not a very good experience.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W203 C-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.