Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

05 C230K Remove Oil Cap - What type Motor Oil

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Tri-Star 
#1 ·
How do you remove the motor oil cap, turn it which way left or right? I tried removing it but it's hard and didn't turn. I stop trying thinking i would crack it.

What motor oil velocity does my car use, 2005 C230K?

#2 ·
I am glad that I am not the only one that has problems. I've broken 2 so far. It is so tight that I struggle everytime to remove it I have the same motor

Turn to the left about half a turn, it is a bayonet mount not a screw

#3 ·
"Righty tighty, Lefty loosy" :)
It's the same all over the world as far as I know, and yes, it's definitely the same on our MBZ's. It's not very easy to unscrew the oil cover, and will take a good amount of force. My brother did the oil change on one of the C230K Sedans at work. He said the cover is angled wierd, lacks working space, and is hard to unscrew.

Not exactly sure if this is correct, but to the best of my knowledge, the recommended oil brand, weight, and viscosity for your engine is, Mobil 1 0w40 European Car Forumla. In your owners manual it also lists other oils that are MBZ approved, but I wouldn't recommend going with any higher weight. Higher weight oil causes additional engine damage on cold starts. You will be able to find the Mobil 1 0w40 at Autozone. I'm sure other automotive stores also, but that is the store I found it at. Wal-mart doesn't carry this weight, and viscosity Mobil 1. At least the Wal-mart I go to doesn't. Make sure to check the back of the oil bottle to see if it is Mercedes-Benz approved.

Another word of advise. Don't go, and buy one of the FRAM filters for your vehicle. Always buy the "fleece" filter at the dealership. Not only because it holds up better than the FRAM's, and lasts longer... You will know for sure that it is going to fit properly, and do it's job correctly if you purchase it at the dealership. The OEM filter won't be that much more expensive than a FRAM either. Have them run your VIN number too. That way they get you the right filter. I say that because my local MBZ dealership almost sold me the wrong filter until the SA double checked using my VIN.

Matt G.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.