Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Lousy radio reception, remote key won't work!

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  '91 300CE 
#1 ·
:confused:

Hey guys!

I have a 2002 C230 Komp Coupe and I'm having this problem. I'm getting lousy radio reception and my remote key doesn't work. According to my STAR Service Manual DVD, it sounds like it'd be the Antenna Amplifier Module (A2/71), but also the IR at the doors doesn't pick up either of my keys sometimes (and one of the keys is brand new!). Also, the fuel gauge has read inaccurately once. This makes me think it may be the Rear SAM Control Module (N10/2) since the Antenna Amp Module goes through this, it could be making that appear bad as well. I tried pulling and reseating all fuses and relays in the module but it didn't change a thing.

I was thinking about unhooking and refitting the connector between CAN B and the Rear SAM Module to see if it could be a connection problem. That's all I can think to do without going on a $1000 replacement binge.

Also, could a dud battery be causing this? Maybe low voltage? I checked it with my multimeter and it was reading 12.7 volts, but I guess the amps could be low. I don't know.

I'll have a mechanic check it with a STAR Diagnostic Tool before replacing anything expensive, but it's difficult to find one who isn't a CROOK! Already had one try to charge me $650 for 1 1/2 hours labor and a $90 part!

Hope to hear back from you guys soon, and thanks!

Mike

PS--I love driving the car! Just wish I could get all the bugs out of it!

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh, sorry bout that!

Hey man,

The way this was worded, I thought it was for 203's INCLUDING AMG, not that it was EXCLUSIVELY AMG.

I'll look for that on the main forum page.

BTW, you could've worded that better. It was an honest mistake, a plebian like myself thinking I could hang with such Gods Among Men!

Mike:bowdown:

#5 ·
Hey man,

The way this was worded, I thought it was for 203's INCLUDING AMG, not that it was EXCLUSIVELY AMG.

I'll look for that on the main forum page.

BTW, you could've worded that better. It was an honest mistake, a plebian like myself thinking I could hang with such Gods Among Men!

Mike:bowdown:
Don't take offense to the wording... that's how it's worded when you post in ANY wrong forum... not him being snotty about the AMG section... no one has an elitist attitude here, we are all owners of Mercedes-Benz and thats all that matters :D

#4 ·
I just had my 02 C32 in for service. They went in and replaced the fuel senders. When I got the car back, the RF part of remotes didn't work anymore. I could open the doors if I was close by pointing the remotes at the door handle sensors. If I stood back or tried to open the doors from the front or back, they wouldn't work. So for some reason, changing the fuel tank killed my RF portion of the remotes. So I brought it into the dealer this morning. They played with it for an hour or so and then figured it out. They were in the back fuse panel to check the current draw of the fuel pump. While they were in there, they accidently disloged the #8 fuse. This fuse powers the RF amp for the rear window antenna. I have an add on Sirius tuner in my car. The technician said if I tried the regular radio, I would have noticed that I had no reception as well.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.