Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What tires do you have on your C?

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  rlee02135 
#1 ·
Need new tires sooner than later. Right now, I'm running the Michelin Primacy Pilot. Not a bad tire, but wondering what others have that they like or don't like and why. I have the 17" staggered rims.

#6 ·
I have the original Conti's but to me they are too noisy and would never buy them. They are close to bald now and have to decide. I put Riken Raptors on my kid's SLK with C230 17" C7 wheels on it last week and they seem to working out great, good handling, quite, no complaints. BTW, I paid $387 installed, balanced, tax, OTD.....

#8 ·
alanchan said:
I am getting Pirelli PZero Nero 225/45/17 ZR 91W next week?
what do you guys think?
are they better than my Continental Sport Contact2 or Michelin Primacy Pilot?
last minute decision.
I put on the PZeroNero 225/50/16s about a month or two ago. Going from the stock Contis, it was as if I got a new car. The road adhesion is excellent permitting high speed turns beyond what was possible (or even thought about) with the Contis. My wife thought I put new brakes in!

Kal

#9 ·
alanchan said:
I am getting Pirelli PZero Nero 225/45/17 ZR 91W next week?
what do you guys think?
are they better than my Continental Sport Contact2 or Michelin Primacy Pilot?
last minute decision.
Truly the worst tire I've ever had, returned them after about a week and got Bridgestone Potenza RE750. The biggest problem is they track so well that they track every little groove on the pavement. In So Cal we have concrete highways with rain grooves and the car shakes side to side causing what they call a tramline effect. Gave me motion sickness. When I was returning the tires, another person was also returning his from his WRX for the same reason. I had them briefly on our SLK but they were much narrower 16" and they were OK. The wider the tire, the more prone they are to tramlining.

#11 ·
Buellwinkle said:
Truly the worst tire I've ever had, returned them after about a week and got Bridgestone Potenza RE750. The biggest problem is they track so well that they track every little groove on the pavement. In So Cal we have concrete highways with rain grooves and the car shakes side to side causing what they call a tramline effect. Gave me motion sickness. When I was returning the tires, another person was also returning his from his WRX for the same reason. I had them briefly on our SLK but they were much narrower 16" and they were OK. The wider the tire, the more prone they are to tramlining.
Interesting. Have not had them on grooved pavement but I did drive across a couple of wet open-grid steel bridges and every tire I've had before wiggles its way across. With the PZNs, it was almost like normal pavement; no wiggles.

Kal

#12 ·
tires.

on my stock 17" tires..they are the original continentals..theyre pretty good..no complaints... on my new 18" c55 amg rims...i have the Riken Raptors...$85 each for front and $105 each for rear...i love them..cheapest tires at the shop..performs like expensive michelins...

#14 ·
Jrida47 said:
i have the Riken Raptors...$85 each for front and $105 each for rear...i love them..cheapest tires at the shop..performs like expensive michelins...

Good to hear that and in combination with good performance on my kid's SLK I think I'll put them on my C230. Specially liked the rim protectors. They are made by BF Goodrich so they are probably similar to the G-Force Sport but the thread pattern is different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.