Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

The question that has been asked many times b4

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Pariso 
#1 ·
18s or 19s?

this car
View attachment 102434
these wheels.
(having them custom powder-coated black, leaving outer edge and bolts chrome)
View attachment 102435

which size should i go with?
who knew an inch would leave me indecisive

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
aceer4u said:
anyone have any opinions on the brabus 6 twin spoked wheels ?
The brabus 6 are always nice, but very common these days

Stick to those AMG rims, they look quite unique. Personally i would leave them silver as it just looks less ghetto and more classy.. get some decent suspension set up and it will look awesome

#6 · (Edited)
brabus said:
The brabus 6 are always nice, but very common these days

Stick to those AMG rims, they look quite unique. Personally i would leave them silver as it just looks less ghetto and more classy.. get some decent suspension set up and it will look awesome
you wolnt believe what the mb dealer wanted to charge me for these.

ive been talking to the accessories manager at the mb dealer where i got my car and showed him this pic of wheels painted black that i saw down the street on a cls, and told him that this was exactly what i was looking for.

and here is a quote from his reply email.
"I know the AMG's you were talking about and for the wheels alone WITHOUT the center painted blk yet, they will be approximately $7500. Still need to add tires and labor charges on top of that. This excludes tax as well."

:eek: :eek: :eek: i just about fell on the floor.
there is no way 19s in this wheel could cost that much.
but then he tried to sell me some brabus reps for 6000:confused: .
(im pretty sure i could get REAL brabus for this.)

so i think im better off getting them online.
wouldnt you guys agree?

#8 ·
Black rims, no matter which brand, look cheap. IMO, it is very much like cars with black plastic bumpers istead of body color. A good example is the first generation Honda Element. Looks very cheap because of all the black plastic. I saw the Alpine Demo Element and the body color bumpers made it night and day. Still, polished aluminium or silver painted would be the way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.