Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Dealer confused me....New to this board!

961 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Whosdis 
#1 ·
So I took my 2003 230K into the service center to have them check out why I have a rough idle. I asked them if they could also activate the chirp for the alarm. The service adviser told me that my year being a 2003 does not have that opion. She said I needed to instal a new module or SAM in order to get that feature....HUH! I remember seeing on here that all they have to do is activate the netherlands in the DAS. So thats why I am confused.

Can I or can't I activate this feature?

#4 ·
This probably is not helpful to you, but I have a 2005 W203 and the chirp was not working either. I never even thought about getting it fixed, but my Alarm freaked out one day. I had a problem in the computer and apearently one of my hornes was broken. Ill look for the repair paperwork later and post the part they replaced to fix it. Maybe it will help.

#5 ·
The chirp is on the 06 C class. It was never a USA option before then. I had Steve add the chirp to my 05 230k as well as enabling using the fog lights as a cornering light and he mentioned that the Netherlands option might also kill the speed limiter as well. Living where I do there isn't much chance I will ever get a chance to verify that though.

#7 ·
The only question I have is, why would you want it to chirp? Thats what domestics do. I own a Mercedes-Benz, I do not want it to chirp, nor would I ever want it to. Everytime I close my door, walk away a few steps, turn and push the lock button, I get this feeling of complete satisfaction to know what I have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.