Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Help! Where's the antenna amp on a C230 coupe?

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  peasngrits 
#1 ·
Hi,
My radio just stopped receiving a signal after the dealer worked on the pano roof of my '02 C230 Coupe. I think they might have accidentally disconnected the antenna amplifier. Where is it located? I want to look at it quick and see if I can reconnect it before I make the dealer do it.

Thanks!

#2 ·
evo2turbo said:
Hi,
My radio just stopped receiving a signal after the dealer worked on the pano roof of my '02 C230 Coupe. I think they might have accidentally disconnected the antenna amplifier. Where is it located? I want to look at it quick and see if I can reconnect it before I make the dealer do it.

(occasional reader; finally registered)

Was doing some research on a fairly similar problem - - did this ever get resolved?

I have an '02 C-Coupe and the radio is fine...until I turn on my rear window defogger.

Dealership made some claim about probably needing to soak me for $1000 and a complete new rear window assembly or some such.

Sounds like a bad ground on either the amplifier or somewhere on the defogger.

I want to go looking at the radio amplifier first...anyone have any idea where it is?

-hh

#3 ·
it is located in the top above the rear hatch window. when i got my windows tinted... they accidentally did it with the hatch open... and the fluid leaked into the top of the hatch, frying the antenna. thank god they took the tint off and the dealership fixed it under warranty. then i went back and they tinted it the right way. with the hatch closed.

#5 ·
disenchantedone said:
Hey Midnight Kompressor. Would you be able to post any pictures of the top hatch you are referring to? And how you opened it? I'm trying everything before I have to give up and take it to the dealership to get fixed. Thanks.
im referring to the space in the door just above the rear window (hear the door/hatch hinge). i didn't open it myself (sorry)... so i'm not sure how to go about that. but basically it is connected to the rear defogger so they had to replace not only the antenna... but also the entire rear windshield when i had it fixed.

goodluck

#6 ·
midnight kompressor said:
im referring to the space in the door just above the rear window (hear the door/hatch hinge). i didn't open it myself (sorry)... so i'm not sure how to go about that. but basically it is connected to the rear defogger so they had to replace not only the antenna... but also the entire rear windshield when i had it fixed.
So "in the door" means that it is inside the hatchback panel.

I didn't think that there was all that much room along its top (ie, above the glass)...will have to look.

Indeed!

Thanks for the info. If its a bad wire connection, sounds like it could alternatively be on the 'outside' connection of the hatchback panel, where it connects however to the car body. I recall that there's a flexible conduit visible that should be traced...might be able to tap into that to provide power & ground and make sure that the problem's actually inside the liftback panel.

-hh

#7 ·
Thanks for the info. If its a bad wire connection, sounds like it could alternatively be on the 'outside' connection of the hatchback panel, where it connects however to the car body. I recall that there's a flexible conduit visible that should be traced...might be able to tap into that to provide power & ground and make sure that the problem's actually inside the liftback panel.

-hh
Hi there, did you ever get this sorted out with your antenna amplifier? I think I have the same problem with my 02 C230k coupe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.