Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

raced rsx type s in my c230 coupe

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Osirisman 
#1 ·
well i was on my way up to tampa
buschgarden. i was on my way off the i-ramp
and noticed some kid in an rsx-s was right on my ass...
we got to the first light and he got next to me, the passenger
yelled, if i wanted to race and he started laughing lool...
anyhow we had traffic in front of us so we slowed
down until we had enough space. we went from 45mph
i was in 3rd gear, 3rd honk and we hit it till like a 110mph..
i beat the rsx-s by like a car.... i was really surprised, i
actually thought the rsx is gonna win without a problem.

the guy got next to me and gave me thumps up (he wasnt laughing anymore lol)

only things i have on my car are, k&n filter, eisenmann resonator straight pipe.. 6spd..

#5 ·
Man, I have a friend who has a 06' RSX type S with an intake system and K&N intake, he whoop the crap out of me. I have a 2005 C230K SS with a K&N air-filter and Brabus Monoblock VI, other than that, it's bone stock. I recently got my ECU upgrade and had noticed the difference in HP and tourqe, however, I'm not ready to race him yet. I'm not ready until I put my Renntech pulley system in (up coming week) and my Remus muffler then I'll go for another race with him. We've raced the total of three times that day and all three times, he spanked me silly. I have the take off on him, but as soon as he kicks into second gear and his rear wheel did some sort of hop and took off like a bat out of hell. Maybe it's just me, I don't know how to race to save my life. All I do is put it in tiptronic and punch the gas and let the car shift automatic without letting off the gas. Am I doing it right guys?! Or am I making us C230K look bad? Somebody show me how to race in my car. Thanks!
Spookie

#6 ·
Ahhh rice... the great thing is those high-school kids can buy a "S" badge at any Pep Boys or "ghetto mod" isle at walmart on the planet!

Good kill, let's get you a pulley and chip upgrade to match that pipe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.