Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Can the Boss replace my C230?

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  stevenh 
#1 ·
Snapped this pic at the OC Auto Show last week. Could be more fun than the C230, certainly faster.

See less See more
#4 ·
It can only get better. Ford threw down the gauntlet with the 500HP GT 500, now Challenger and Camaro are going to have to do better to compete, maybe a 600HP Camaro SS or Challenger Hemi.... This is like 1970 all over again.

#6 ·
I am moving from Europe back to the US next week (yeah!). I have already gotten a C class for the daughter, I am looking for the wife a C class. My car will without doubt be a Mustang. Performance value for the dollar I have not seen anything that comes close.

#7 ·
Exactly! Of the 2005 + Mustangs I have driven - You will love it! The only big human compromise - the interior finish, not so much fit - that is great! - If it starts getting you down, hit the accelerator and smile!
Jake

Stacey - I did not know Canada made cars? LOL (it's a Joke...I'm 40 minutes from Fort Erie) - But man they sure do make a ton of parts, tool, and sub assemblies for the American manufacturers...

#14 ·
GP2GP said:
I have a different view... IMO with the inflated price of them they are the only ones not worth the money. They are nearly twice the price of a well equipped GT. The Mustang GT is great performance value for the money but the top of the line Mustangs are no comparison for the Corvette in most areas.
uh...without the -inflated/only idiot would pay-price.

#16 ·
GP2GP said:
The Mustang GT is great performance value for the money but the top of the line Mustangs are no comparison for the Corvette in most areas.
I agree that the Corvette is a nice car but some people want the convenience of 4 passenger seating, even if the rear seat is uncomfortable. Also, the insurance on Corvettes is through the roof because of the fiberglass body and many companies won't insure it. I've had both and a Mustang makes a great daily driver, the Corvette while great fun to drive doesn't feel "daily driver" comfortable to me, same with the Camaro, it's just not easy to get in and out of and I feel confined. My analogy is the Corvette is like a crotch rocket motorbike, a blast but give me a comfortable sport touring bike that has 90% of the performance and handling anyday.

#18 ·
BF_JC230 said:
Stacey - I did not know Canada made cars? LOL (it's a Joke...I'm 40 minutes from Fort Erie) - But man they sure do make a ton of parts, tool, and sub assemblies for the American manufacturers...

Canada manufactures:
Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Caravan, Pacifica
Ford Crown Vic, Freestar and F-series
Toyota Corolla, Matrix
Lexus RX series
Honda Civic, Ridgeline
Acura MDX, CSX
GM Monte Carlo, Equinox, Grand Prix, Allure, Silverado
Numberous Engines for all manufactures and one of the largest supplier of OEM parts is a Canadian based company- Magna

Not mention in the past all the camaro's and Firebirds where also built here and the upcoming Camaro will also be built here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.