Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Help

860 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  guhvies 
#1 ·
Im wondering why, when i set the the air conditioning distrubution(WARM) to my feet the other vents blow,s cold air.PLEASE HELP AND DONT SAY I SHOULD CLOSE THE VENT.:bowdown:

#2 ·
Let me the first to welcome you to the forum :)

MB made several changes to the ventilation system throughout the history of the venerable W203 C class. Back in the olden days, in 2002 they had a top vent and center vent center knob that mixed outside air with heated or cooled air so it would be possible to have the heat turned up all the way and get cold air from the center vents depending on the rotation of the center knob. Then the dollar's value sunk sharply against the Euro so MB eliminated the center top vent altogether in 2003 (although the left the ugly metal grille) and then eliminated the center vent center dial in 2004. So if you have a 2002 or 2003, it's simple, sell it and buy a 2004 or newer and you problem will be over or read the manual and learn to operate it. If you have a 2004 or newer, I have no idea what you are talking about, my 2004 doesn't do that, it's broken, take it in to the dealer.

Please update your location and car year/model in your profile, it helps in answering technical questions. Sorry for the rambling, that's what happens when you ask questions late on a Saturday night.

#4 ·
I wish mine were like that... I don't need hot air on face when driving. Cool air on my face keeps me refreshed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.